Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Um Tim, don’t drink bong water before typing lol

What's bing water..... do you order it online?

Bong Water.png

Can the STP and Motor Honey stick to the Lucas assy lube??? If not I would run the STP/Motor Honey instead of the Lucas....
Don’t know, haven’t tried it but seeing how it says will blend with motor oils on the bottle, I don’t see why not

Don’t know, haven’t tried it but seeing how it says will blend with motor oils on the bottle, I don’t see why not

I would then use the STP or motor honey first, then the Lucas on top of that...

If the base doesn't stick as well as the top, it may 'wash off' easier....

Try putting the Lucas on your hands, then the STP or motor honey on top and wash your hands and see how easy/hard it is to wash off...

I would then use the STP or motor honey first, then the Lucas on top of that...

If the base doesn't stick as well as the top, it may 'wash off' easier....

Try putting the Lucas on your hands, then the STP or motor honey on top and wash your hands and see how easy/hard it is to wash off...
I already put the Lucas on the mains. But yeah, it’s tacky, not quite as tacky as STP, but more than motor honey.

What I said was, was told to only use engine oil, except for cam shaft. Can lead to false torque readings....can form a hydraulic lock, preventing full torque......This is what I was told.....

Oh, I got all caught up with the engine building subject and haven't updated yet...

The younger boy is here now and he helped me install the kitchen faucet and it's working fine now.... (I will wash the dishes that have accumulated tomorrow....)

Then we snaked the front bathroom sink and got that drain flowing better....

The older son's computer has a few issues that need fixing and they both are on a parts run to the local computer store so they can fix the older son's computer and update it with better components... Hard drive, video card, etc...

If they can get back in time there's a local bar that has tacos on special tonight, or if they are too late we can order half price pizza from Oh Boy Pizza for dinner.... :D

What I said was, was told to only use engine oil, except for cam shaft. Can lead to false torque readings....can form a hydraulic lock, preventing full torque......This is what I was told.....
Hmmm I’ll take it all back apart I suppose and do it that way. I trust you all more than a book at the moment

I think any excess oil or STP would squish out the sides before becoming an issue....

If the STP or oil gets trapped and can't escape, then it may hydraulic lock...

I've always torqued my mains and rods after installing the Motor Honey and not had a problem, even if I had excess on the rod and cap mating surfaces...

If you trap liquid in the sealed cylinder, it will hydraulic lock... But if you take the spark plug out, it will get pushed out the spark plug hole.... If it has an escape route, it will not hydraulic lock...

I think any excess oil or STP would squish out the sides before becoming an issue....

If the STP or oil gets trapped and can't escape, then it may hydraulic lock...

I've always torqued my mains and rods after installing the Motor Honey and not had a problem, even if I had excess on the rod and cap mating surfaces...

If you trap liquid in the sealed cylinder, it will hydraulic lock... But if you take the spark plug out, it will get pushed out the spark plug hole.... If it has an escape route, it will not hydraulic lock...
I think some of his thinking was the thick STP could block oil holes. Starving bearings for critical engine oil at start up.....

Hmmm I’ll take it all back apart I suppose and do it that way. I trust you all more than a book at the moment

I wouldn't take it apart, you will stretch the bolts a little more when you retorque them... If you already have assembly lube on there, keep it and it will be ok... Not worth stretching main bolts more... Save that clamp cycle for another time....

We used regular engine oil to assemble the crank and rods at the engine factory, but also had a cold test stand that filled the oil, primed the oil system, and would give us a signature pattern for oil flow where you could see the 'bumps' for when the squirt holes in the rods were squirting in less than two hours after we installed the crank and pistons... They could catch a plugged oil squirt hole in a rod with that test....

I think some of his thinking was the thick STP could block oil holes. Starving bearings for critical engine oil at start up.....
Oh that’s one thing I wanted to mention. Managed to some how get the cam bearings perfectly lined up hole wise, even the tricky one number 4 I think it is, the one with 3 holes. I took my bore camera down each passage way to confirm after I ran brushes thru them.

I wouldn't take it apart, you will stretch the bolts a little more when you retorque them... If you already have assembly lube on there, keep it and it will be ok... Not worth stretching main bolts more... Save that clamp cycle for another time....

We used regular engine oil to assemble the crank and rods at the engine factory, but also had a cold test stand that filled the oil, primed the oil system, and would give us a signature pattern for oil flow where you could see the 'bumps' for when the squirt holes in the rods were squirting in less than two hours after we installed the crank and pistons... They could catch a plugged oil squirt hole in a rod with that test....
They brand new ARP studs.

I doubt it... The engine oil is compatible with the motor honey and will 'dilute'/mix with it when they meet... I don't think the STP is thick enough to block an oil passage, especially when you are pushing 50 lbs of oil pressure at it...

Think about if you put axle grease on the bearing journals... It has a higher viscosity (thicker) than the Motor Honey or STP and can't plug the holes, oil will push it through... If the oil can push axle grease through, then it will push the STP through...

Some people over think things...

I doubt it... The engine oil is compatible with the motor honey and will 'dilute'/mix with it when they meet... I don't think the STP is thick enough to block an oil passage, especially when you are pushing 50 lbs of oil pressure at it...
I have built/assembled dozens and never had issue using just engine oil........BUT lots of ways to do the same thing....

Fn assface . Keylogger. i did a safari search for floor pan for my dart. What pops up right away on assface marketplace? You got it. Effers.

Well this is my 7th assembly but first solo, always had someone over looking my shoulder so I’m sitting here second guessing myself right now

-
Back