Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well since you all are showing your Father’s Day dinner thought I would show mine as well. It was yummy, I am going to say it was served at just the right temperature, not to much spice or add on seasonings just super smooth. Not overly filling. Just right.

View attachment 1715754300

My father's day dinner was crappy hospital food.... :wtf:

Mine was lets say interesting to say the least. Rough week here with kids "friend" here for a week.

Fixed.jpg

Had a good soaker rain since last evening. Breaking up now. Looks like a few nice days ahead. Dry with highs in 70's.

We had tornadoes touch down about 15 miles from me on father's day night while I was in the hospital...

Obviously you're out? How are you and what's goin on?

They couldn't pinpoint it exactly, just run test and rule that out as they went...

They did lung x-ray and found nothin, no COPD or anything like that...

Then lots of heart tests and couldn't find anything wrong, except for the last test the echo gram showed some water around my heart... I passed all of the other heart tests with flying colors...

My hemoglobin was at 8.5 most of the time, then one test it was 8.1, then they gave me an iron IV and it went up to 8.7 and I started feeling better....

So they finally sent me home yesterday and recommended iron supplements to help get my hemoglobin up...

They couldn't pinpoint it exactly, just run test and rule that out as they went...

They did lung x-ray and found nothin, no COPD or anything like that...

Then lots of heart tests and couldn't find anything wrong, except for the last test the echo gram showed some water around my heart... I passed all of the other heart tests with flying colors...

My hemoglobin was at 8.5 most of the time, then one test it was 8.1, then they gave me an iron IV and it went up to 8.7 and I started feeling better....

So they finally sent me home yesterday and recommended iron supplements to help get my hemoglobin up...

Those assholes at the hospital were supposed to release me Mon morning....

I did the chemical heart stress test from 6 am to 9 am....

Then two females show up at 3 pm to do the echo heart test.... They needed to get someone to inject contrast fluid in so they could see the test better, but most of the people who did that were already gone...

They finally found someone to do the contrast fluid and finished the test around 4 - 4:30 pm...

For some reason they couldn't get anybody to read the echo test results until Tue morning... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

They made me stay an extra day for their lack of planning/incompetence.... Why couldn't they have run the echo test after 9 am???? I could have been out Mon night and gotten 40% off Pizza Pete pizza for dinner which I had a craving for....

Why couldn't they do the echo test around 9 or 10 am instead of 6 hours later???

Last edited:
I followed all of your guys recommendations on Sunday and went into the hospital to make sure I didn't have any more internal bleeding...

Those assholes at the hospital were supposed to release me Mon morning....

I did the chemical heart stress test from 6 am to 9 am....

Then two females show up at 3 pm to do the echo heart test.... They needed to get someone to inject contrast fluid in so they could see the test better, but most of the people who did that were already gone...

They finally found someone to do the contrast fluid and finished the test around 4 - 4:30 pm...

For some reason they couldn't get anybody to read the echo test results until Tue morning... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

They made me stay an extra day for their lack of planning/incompetence.... Why couldn't they have run the echo test after 9 am???? I could have been out Mon night and gotten 40% off Pizza Pete pizza for dinner which I had a craving for....

Luckily I had two cool nurses...

My night time nurse was a guy named Diego... I told him I wanted to be released by 8 pm when he got on shift so I could get some Pizza Pete pizza.... He asked me what I liked on it and I told him sausage and onions, maybe some mushrooms... He had some sausage Pizza Pete pizza and gave me three pieces of his...

My day time nurse, Darla, was upset that they didn't release me on Monday... Was making phone calls to the people to get me released on Monday before her shift ended...

When she came in yesterday, she was pissed that they still hadn't released me and made another call to escalate my release.... She was really helping me by standing up for me to get me out of there... I thanked her for all of her efforts when they released me yesterday...

I followed all of your guys recommendations on Sunday and went into the hospital to make sure I didn't have any more internal bleeding...

That's good.....I'm assuming you didn't?

That was one hell of a tornado that they had Sunday night...

It was pretty close to here, about 15 miles to Naperville and Aurora....

That's good.....I'm assuming you didn't?

Nope,. no internal bleeding...

It seems that most of my problem was because my hemoglobin level is down in the mid 8's, and should be in the mid 13's....

Iron helps increase the hemoglobin level... The iron supplement they gave me in the IV brought me up from 8.1 to 8.7....

It will take about 4 months for my hemoglobin level to get to the mid 13's naturally.... The body can only work so fast....

Found I have 6 pop ups. 2 for Ray.

View attachment 1715754984
I just got one for Father's day. It just came in today at my son's house.
Luckily I had two cool nurses...

My night time nurse was a guy named Diego... I told him I wanted to be released by 8 pm when he got on shift so I could get some Pizza Pete pizza.... He asked me what I liked on it and I told him sausage and onions, maybe some mushrooms... He had some sausage Pizza Pete pizza and gave me three pieces of his...

My day time nurse, Darla, was upset that they didn't release me on Monday... Was making phone calls to the people to get me released on Monday before her shift ended...

When she came in yesterday, she was pissed that they still hadn't released me and made another call to escalate my release.... She was really helping me by standing up for me to get me out of there... I thanked her for all of her efforts when they released me yesterday...
The angels of the hospital

-
Back