Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sure seems like bad luck, but try to do a careful postmortum. Gas spillage plus a spark or very high heat source was needed to ignite it.
At the fuel pump its an inverted flare fitting. I'd think its pretty hard to split the line at the fitting. But you'll find out when you take apart.
It’s the flare on the other end, where the rubber slides over. I’ll get pics.
Engine had been running and was up to operating temp. I was actually hunting down a misfire. Which I found post fire, was number 7 plug wire off at the dizzy cap. She fired right up off the key, was looking like the finish line was in sight for a shake down cruise

5k59x0.jpg

Chris. As long as nobody was hurt it's a win!
No one hurt but pride. I’m livid at myself right now. I bought the auto store piece cause I was trying to short cut having to bend and make one. I’ve got 60 inch lengths of 3/8 metal brake lines. Should have just made my own.

I was actually expecting a fire. But I thought for sure it’d come from the transmission lines, classic sent me the wrong line so I was using hydraulic hose on those instead. Figured one of those fittings would leak and hit the hot exhaust.

No one hurt but pride. I’m livid at myself right now. I bought the auto store piece cause I was trying to short cut having to bend and make one. I’ve got 60 inch lengths of 3/8 metal brake lines. Should have just made my own.

I was actually expecting a fire. But I thought for sure it’d come from the transmission lines, classic sent me the wrong line so I was using hydraulic hose on those instead. Figured one of those fittings would leak and hit the hot exhaust.

Eh. I wouldn't let it beat me up.
Just another learning experience. Parts can be replaced.

Sure seems like bad luck, but try to do a careful postmortum. Gas spillage plus a spark or very high heat source was needed to ignite it.
At the fuel pump its an inverted flare fitting. I'd think its pretty hard to split the line at the fitting. But you'll find out when you take apart.
I’m actually a bit surprised it didn’t ignite the gas in the line and travel back to the tank where a fresh 15 gallons of 93 octane was

Should be 5/16" steel tubing shouldn't it?
One end with a flare that has the nut captive to the tube.
The hose end should have a bead or bubble.
That's more difficult to find. Not sure if any of the Imperial flare kits can do that.
Parker tube beading tool.
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.speedcomfly.com%2Fsito-ecommerce%2Fimages%2F03711A.jpg

Not sure what type of place would have one.
I ending up buying a used one.

That's more difficult to find. Not sure if any of the Imperial flare kits can do that.
View attachment 1715783656
Double flare on one end and bubble flare on the other. Double Bubble. Only you old guys will know what i am talking about. I sold a lot of combination kits that had dies to do both.

I’m actually a bit surprised it didn’t ignite the gas in the line and travel back to the tank where a fresh 15 gallons of 93 octane was
Liquid gasoline doesn't really ignite.
Its the vapor, plus the heat, plus the O2.

Sure if the liquid in the tube vaporized and enough oxygen got in, then it would light.

Waht was in the extinguisher? Dry Chem, CO, or Halogen?

Liquid gasoline doesn't really ignite.
Its the vapor, plus the heat, plus the O2.

Sure if the liquid in the tube vaporized and enough oxygen got in, then it would light.

Waht was in the extinguisher? Dry Chem, CO, or Halogen?
Dry.

View attachment 1715783656
3/8th.

Looks OK in the pic.
Curious hpow it split.
5/16 will be easier to make the bends. Less stress.
I know a lot of hot rods bump up to 3/8 but not really neccessary.

Looks OK in the pic.
Curious hpow it split.
5/16 will be easier to make the bends. Less stress.
I know a lot of hot rods bump up to 3/8 but not really neccessary.
The dual inlet for the Holley is 3/8 too

Some come that way, but they will accept the 5/16 adapter as well.
I actually prefer working with the 5/16 line. Its much easier to get a wrench on at the fuel bowl.
See what you can find out about cleaning dry chem.
Maybe just washing will do.
Engine was off - shouldn't have got sucked into the intake.
Yeah, most of it washed off with the water afterwards. Engine was off before fire extinguisher deployed. I ripped the negative battery cable off at the battery, was quicker than getting to the key

But this did do one thing. I’m adding an onboard fire detection system in the dart .

Actually not seeing on-line the fuel inlet line I was thinking of.
Would have to hunt for it.

Actually not seeing on-line the fuel inlet line I was thinking of.
Would have to hunt for it.
No worries. I get to search for a new harness. Took me months the first time

Hey you will Love this trash guy asked me to stop teling peope about what happened. Sure Get the **** out of here you other then honarable discharged dirtbag! NOW! I used to like you. Free game I aint lying and people should know. Pretty funny actually dog with a tail between its legs.

Drive by!
Tell him that’s karma and to politely F off

Hey you will Love this trash guy asked me to stop teling peope about what happened. Sure Get the **** out of here you other then honarable discharged dirtbag! NOW! I used to like you. Free game I aint lying and people should know. Pretty funny actually dog with a tail between its legs.

Drive by!
If hes Caucasian would he be white trash?

You're safer with 93 octane than 87.... 87 octane burns better and ignites faster than 93....

-
Back