Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Was just looking in a box of parts and found this. Thought I saw it fly into the shop a few days ago. Looked larger when I saw it come in. Still pretty big. Question: Is this one o dem Murder Hornets? :eek::eek:
View attachment 1715813712

European.. There is a nest somewhere near the house...thinking one of the barns down the valley at the farm. Supposedly they only range 1000 meters or less from home.

The mostly dark (black) head and perpendicular lines on the abdomen indicate the Euro-Wasp. Annoying as hell regardless but the Asian is about twice the size.

murder-hornets-01.jpg

I am screwed had some in the house also!

And they do come out at night... although since the temps have dropped I rarely see them. The lights in the garage would attract them. Now I find them during the day around the pear trees so I keep the area closely policed of any fallen fruit.

Couple of weeks ago they were all over the back deck first cold night and of course let the dog out in bare feet and got nailed. Hurt like hell.

European.. There is a nest somewhere near the house...thinking one of the barns down the valley at the farm. Supposedly they only range 1000 meters or less from home.

The mostly dark (black) head and perpendicular lines on the abdomen indicate the Euro-Wasp. Annoying as hell regardless but the Asian is about twice the size.

View attachment 1715813883
Ya, Thanks Chris..After further observation, it appears to be the Euro Version...:thumbsup:

-
Back