Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So, this caught my eye as it drove by and i ran out to talk to himView attachment 1715838824View attachment 1715838825 440/4 speed.ex drag car from arizona. Guy was really cool, said with the 5.33 gears it was 10.5 in the 1/4. 500 plus hp. His daily driver. I invited him to join FABO.

Brave man driving that beast in the snow

Especially with the radiator completely blocked with cardboard.... I overheated and ruined a 383 doing that once and I didn't block over half of the radiator....

Christmas at our house with my Sister and her family. It will happen this evening. Just need to get everything in place.

So my main laptop just took a dump. I think I lost everything on it. Dammit all.

There are ways to recover the information from your hard drive on that computer... My younger son does it all the time... He has a hard drive dock where he can copy data from one hard drive to another and and wipe out data on hard drives for a clean start...

If you need some advice, let me know, I can get you two in touch...

Last edited:
Christmas at our house with my Sister and her family. It will happen this evening. Just need to get everything in place.
We for the first time in two months have NO ONE other than Cheryl and me at the house.
As much as we enjoy company, we're ready for some peace and quiet.

Put one of those little Oldsmobubbles in a '66 Datsun truck when I was about your age. Engine didn't weigh much more than the iron 1300cc 4cyl that we pulled out of it. Saginaw 4spd, used the Datsun hydraulic clutch system, Chebbie 6 bolt truck wheels all the way round, stock diff was 4.88s, 2" body lift before body lifts were even a thing, made the slightly modified :lol: trans tunnel out of fiber glass. Header flange kit and 6 or 8 180° U bends and some straight tubing for the tri-y headers, torch welded together by yours truly, no leaks :D. We did drag the chassis to our friendly body shop/race car shop for the final welding of the engine mounts I tacked together and the body lift. It was a stop light to stop light animal. Swap the Armstrong Norseman mud and snow tires on it and head for the Mojave :steering:. In a hghly desert sun altered dark red :lol:

That's a clean truck, me likey!

We for the first time in two months have NO ONE other than Cheryl and me at the house.
As much as we enjoy company, we're ready for some peace and quiet.
Craig and Cheryl

chase gif.gif

My wife saw our neighbors two year old running down the street a couple of days ago. His mom was putting on her shoes on their back porch when he took off. Wife put him in the Stinger and drove him two doors down, frantic mom was running up the road, wife said she mentioned she felt pretty embarrassed, I think that's happened with all 3 of our kids lol!

Have you ever noticed that the comments in two consecutive posts about different topics sometimes just fit together perfectly....

upload_2021-12-19_7-50-3.png

So I dug my old slot car track out of the attic the other day. Set it up, realized the cars were trash. Tires have cracked and crumbled, contacts are corroded. So I was surfing Amazon for new cars and guess what I have found!

1964 Dodge 330 max wedge slot car!

0B26F74C-BDB9-449D-AECF-C4FDE20A779D.png

And yes, I couldn’t resist and had to buy it

My wife saw our neighbors two year old running down the street a couple of days ago. His mom was putting on her shoes on their back porch when he took off. Wife put him in the Stinger and drove him two doors down, frantic mom was running up the road, wife said she mentioned she felt pretty embarrassed, I think that's happened with all 3 of our kids lol!
It’s happened with 2/3 of mine.

And when they get older and want to run off, your like "You need help packing your bag?" :rolleyes:

Biscuits fried taters with peppers topped with farm fresh poached eggs this morning. Life is good up here on the frozen tundra. We are at that point of year where the temperature discussion is simply, is it over or under zero this morning. Can’t wait to move home to Arkansas.

So I dug my old slot car track out of the attic the other day. Set it up, realized the cars were trash. Tires have cracked and crumbled, contacts are corroded. So I was surfing Amazon for new cars and guess what I have found!

1964 Dodge 330 max wedge slot car!

View attachment 1715839059

And yes, I couldn’t resist and had to buy it
I thought you had found a Popmobile. LOL

Biscuits fried taters with peppers topped with farm fresh poached eggs this morning. Life is good up here on the frozen tundra. We are at that point of year where the temperature discussion is simply, is it over or under zero this morning. Can’t wait to move home to Arkansas.
Sounds good. Had a couple buttered strawberry pop-tarts.

I thought you had found a Popmobile. LOL
No there’s a duster but it’s sold out. That’s about it currently. Still looking. I may have do some research on testing this old track. It’s been in a box since 1999. I got it that Christmas as a gift but mom hated the size of it and the noise so I rarely ever had it set up. I bet it’s got less than 2 hours of use.

In the mail yesterday were the 16.5 mm screws I need for my turntable cartridge, hope they are the right size. This cartridge (Shure type iii) came with a "Supertrack" stylus, I'm wanting to upgrade that to a new stylus made by Jico, have war department approval lol!!!

-
Back