Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Heres the deal My SIL is working for a graveyard company. They have a few thousand bronze placks that were wrong somehow. Any how they just can scrap them as is Privacy issues. so they have to be melted down to scrap. Any ideas?
Can they not cut them into pieces with a torch and then scrap them?

But at that point the only advantage is that its thin. Might as well have the E-Z in 380 or even a compact M&P in 9.

I don't care for the safety in the trigger as a concept or in use. I'm sure others have different opinions. I guess the question is what one wants a safety to do.
I’m not a big fan of trigger safeties either. I’d rather have a grip safety or a slide safety or both

I agree and I don't want or need one for my nightstand gun, do want one for a ccp tho.
I’m the opposite. That’s the one place I don’t mind having a trigger safety. I don’t wanna be fumbling for a safety in the dark. Which is why my nightstand gun is also my G42. Really that G42 has become a workhorse for me. I’ve EDC it as well as the nightstand. But honestly part of the night stand gun role stems from having the night sights and the flashlight/laser combo. I’ve practiced enough with it now that I’m fluid enough to get the flashlight laser turned on as soon as my hands touch the pistol. All in one motion.

thinking about getting night sights installed on my M&P 9 and the M&P9C to give me more capacity. But I also figure that the role of my nightstand pistol is to give me enough time to grab the 12 gauge or the AR, both are just 3 feet away, albeit out of reach of minions

But at that point the only advantage is that its thin. Might as well have the E-Z in 380 or even a compact M&P in 9.

I don't care for the safety in the trigger as a concept or in use. I'm sure others have different opinions. I guess the question is what one wants a safety to do.

"Safety" :rolleyes:

I don't notice the trigger or grip safety on my XDs. Muscle memory. Carried a Beretta 92 for years and on/off safe was transparent from the holster.

The only "safety" is the meat machine holding the firearm.

Thanks will pass that to him. I really do not want much to do with this. Carlisle is not that far away and have the spring rush starting and a ton of trees need to be cut down here.

Might be able to work a deal on smelting cost if the company can keep the resulting metals

Like Frank we got dumped on with snow again and it is just below freezing so just a slick slushy mess. It was kind of pretty tho this morning. Pix is our front yard. I was thinking about moving my bench back to the porch as I sit it out in yard every winter so I can run snow blower on porch. I like to sit there in the evenings and watch the corn grow.

F951F3C8-A34B-4416-9BA1-7435372B33D7.jpeg

Like Frank we got dumped on with snow again and it is just below freezing so just a slick slushy mess. It was kind of pretty tho this morning. Pix is our front yard. I was thinking about moving my bench back to the porch as I sit it out in yard every winter so I can run snow blower on porch. I like to sit there in the evenings and watch the corn grow.

View attachment 1715898439
It was hard for me to hit the like button on that post.

Good Morning everyone. Thunderstorms overnight and rain so far today. Thankfully no snow like John and Frank. I am ready to be done with snow this year.

View attachment 1715898439
March, in like a lamb, out like a lion.

Thanks will pass that to him. I really do not want much to do with this. Carlisle is not that far away and have the spring rush starting and a ton of trees need to be cut down here.
You could also talk with the scrap yards. I’m sure they’d accommodate a date and time to have them directly deposited under the watch of you or whoever, into their smelter or cutter. Then it can be said that no one outside the organization had a chance to look at any private information.

but I also fail to understand the big deal here. All birth and death records are public records and anyone walking a cemetery can get the same information.

So I’ve decided to pass on that one in Oregon.

that said, I am going to open up my parameters a bit. Basically any 1964 Sport Fury factory 4 spd car, any color. Just had to be a driver, to higher end driver quality. No welding or cutting. Paint or engine swap only.

And @Mattax i did see your post about wanting something just because my grandfather had it. It’s not just that. This search actually started for him last January and I couldn’t make it happen in time. But it’s also because every time we talked about my dart or cars came up, so did the stories of the 1964 Sport Fury. So to me, it’s kind of become this thing that I grew up with in lore that I’d like to kind of have. Plus personally the body lines on those 1964 B bodies have really grown on me over the last 6-7 years. Makes me wish at times I’d done one of those as a project instead of my dart. They’ve grown on me so much that honestly they’ve taken the dream car place of the 70 Cuda that I had slip away years ago that started my addiction to Mopar muscle cars.

Last edited:
-
Back