Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I don’t intend to make ya guess. Sometimes you all think of questions or details I don’t think to include is all

Maybe you're just bad at telling stories and we have to beat it out of ya...
Beat Head.gif

A scratch golfer has a zero-handicap based on a 20-round average scoring par or better. The par at our course is 71 so I'd have to average around 71 to be a scratch golfer.
Yes next couple years we're going over for a couple weeks drink and play some golf. Saw on tv across the street from St. Andrews a couple from Texas has owned and ran the local bar for the past 25 years. We've had friends do it a couple years ago, so they know where and what to do and stay. It will be a hoot!!
So golf is just like shooting right? You go to a bar and most every guy there is a scratch golfer, go to a gun school and most every guy there is a Navy Seal, HALO Delta HRT Operator. But then you actually get on the course, and well…..Hah! Sounds like a scratch golfer is super hard to attain.

Ahh the breath of life! Sounds great!
Thanks. I didn't think it would sound any different, but it really does. The guides and valves were wore slam out. New bigger valves and new guides and milled a tick more off the heads plus I was able to degree the cam with the new timing set. It seems to count um off better.

Last edited:
So golf is just like shooting right? You go to a bar and most every guy there is a scratch golfer, go to a gun school and most every guy there is a Navy Seal, HALO Delta HRT Operator. But then you actually get on the course, and well…..Hah! Sounds like a scratch golfer is super hard to attain.

Just like everyone's car does 10 seconds after they watch the first Fans N Furious movie...
drive.gif

Yes it was busy.
Lots of folks with fish hooks in there pockets though.
I did sell a fair amount. Probably outright gave away a few items.
I had a box of maybe 20 thermostats all new .
$30.00 for the box. Guy looks in the box. I'll take these two how much. I said $ 30.00.
Will you take a dollar for these two. Uh NO.
But you only want 30 for the box. I said ever hear of bulk discount?
Silly folks.
Maybe you're just bad at telling stories and we have to beat it out of ya... View attachment 1715956937
there is that likelihood

Well, my phone locked up last night... :mad:

I have to bring it to the phone store today and see if they can get it working or else be forced to upgrade to a new phone... :BangHead:

It is many are at the pro level. An average person if you have 5 or lower handicap, you're a pretty savvy golfer. I got down to a 7 at one point which means my average score was around 78. Funny though you can play a scramble (four golfer team) all shooting from one spot putting from one spot on each hole and go low. I've been on teams with good players, and we've shot 15 under par for 18 holes. It makes something so hard to do so easy.

The guy we take lessons from occasionally has turned into a great friend. A very respected instructor teaches Tuesday-Saturday eight hours a day $250 an hour. No, we get the friends of family discount. Anyway, he teaches a remote golf school every year five days of golf and instruction in Florida. It's a lot of fun we went twice. He recently took up shooting and loves it. I told him about your new place and he's anxious to go when you're up and running.

The guy we take lessons from occasionally has turned into a great friend. A very respected instructor teaches Tuesday-Saturday eight hours a day $250 an hour. No, we get the friends of family discount. Anyway, he teaches a remote golf school every year five days of golf and instruction in Florida. It's a lot of fun we went twice. He recently took up shooting and loves it. I told him about your new place and he's anxious to go when you're up and running.
I tried golf. I just can’t get into it.

I tried golf. I just can’t get into it.
I'd never played until about 15 years ago. My wife grew up playing so didn't have to convince her she was thrilled.
I was working second shift and no kids at home. I'd go every morning and play until noon.
I picked it up pretty quick and now enjoy the challenge.

Just a shout out to the Carlisle gang. Great to see everyone even if I rolled up as everyone else was packing up to leave...

Quick walkabout through the swap meet and up into the show cars (Had to see Tim's Dart in person)

The Early A row was pretty thin. 10 cars. Two 64's no Canadian models but there were an Australian and an Austrian model. A couple of 63's but mostly 65's.

Grabbed a few engine shots on the way back down to the FABO Zone..

20220716_160455.jpg

20220716_160025.jpg

20220716_160526.jpg

20220716_160815.jpg

20220716_161201.jpg

20220716_161236.jpg

20220716_161412.jpg

Invite him to the Oct first event with Nighthawk. Sounds like he needs one!

Where is everyone?
Sleeping

Morning all. Pack up day at Carlisle made a lot of good buys Sunday morning.
Hey if you don't want to drag that back home, I'll make you an offer...worked more than not.
Works later Saturday. At least 3/4 are leaving and even more packed and ready to drive out in the AM

Is @halifaxhops leaving with more stuff than he went there with? :D
I didn't even think to hunt for cores for him this year and he didn't ask.

I shot a 79 and Cheryl an 86. For the non-golfers here that ain't too bad.
So, she beat you. LOL

That is enough meat to last me all week and then some.
That's what she said!

Other then spending time with a few members here, who's company I always enjoy.
It's my last year vending at Carlisle. I will just get a nice hotel room and visit.
Just my personal observation, but severe lack of keeping the porta pottys.
Clean . We arrived Wed.
They didn't empty or clean till Fri. Just plain nasty.
Seems like now you can drive anything and everything up and down the walk lanes.
Extreme lack of security.
They moved the trash barrels that was about 20 ft. From us to around a hundred by the second day. Well let's jus say they removed a lot of them spread them further apart.
I'm done.
I'm thinking they are short on help like everyone else right now.

I heard they broke an attendance record surprisingly
It was pretty busy yesterday, but I would be very surprized if it was a record breaker. Would be interesting to see numbers for last 5 years. I would think highest for people and cars would be just before covid, that first year was certainly low on vendors. Still see empty spaces...

Good Morning

-
Back