Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ugh now that same damn unit just managed to blow their ammo. Someone thought smacking the back of a 50 cal round with a pair of pliers would be a good thing to do :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Screenshot_20220717-130722_Chrome.jpg

Ugh now that same damn unit just managed to blow their ammo. Someone thought smacking the back of a 50 cal round with a pair of pliers would be a good thing to do :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
You are in a guard unit correct? Every post, you show continual disdain for your unit, MOS and demands placed upon you. Why don’t you just get out? Rant over

Unpacked and pretty much put all away… :thumbsup: Think I will go pick some stuff from the garden…
Picked up some local sweet corn. $4 a half dozen ears but you get 8 ears. Bicolor and it looks real good. Burgers and sweet corn for supper.

Some blueberries looking good. Tried a couple and decided to let them sweeten up a bit more.

View attachment 1715957135

View attachment 1715957136[/
Disclaimer: we grew hundreds and hundreds of acres of Blueberries both sustainable, conventional and organic for years.
Harvest tip, the berry when ripe will fall off in your hand as you shake the bush. Always harvest at night as the fruit has a death grip on the stem trying to ensure it gets water during the daylight hours in hot sun. Makes harvesting much more difficult. The berries should provide 3-4 passes on harvest. I still love them but your pix brought back some memories!

Disclaimer: we grew hundreds and hundreds of acres of Blueberries both sustainable, conventional and organic for years.
Harvest tip, the berry when ripe will fall off in your hand as you shake the bush. Always harvest at night as the fruit has a death grip on the stem trying to ensure it gets water during the daylight hours in hot sun. Makes harvesting much more difficult. The berries should provide 3-4 passes on harvest. I still love them but your pix brought back some memories!
Thanks! We only have 3 fairly new plants and this is the first year they produced more than a hand full of berries.

You are in a guard unit correct? Every post, you show continual disdain for your unit, MOS and demands placed upon you. Why don’t you just get out? Rant over
Lol it’s not my unit doing this stupid stuff. We run the post for other units. It’s the other units that cause 90 percent of my gripes haha

And I like my unit for the most part. I have no disdain for them.

Its stinkin hot!
Wife wants me to work outside. I know how that goes, she abandons me part way into project and im left to complete it.

Nope,i aint doin it. F that.
Will wait until later. Have to trim some trees at end of driveway, cant see unless most of the way out onto road.

Thanks! We only have 3 fairly new plants and this is the first year they produced more than a hand full of berries.

They are very particular with regard to PH level in the soil. With BBs we typically paid very close attention to the soil micro nutrients and the plant takes care of itself. Translated heavy harvest! Attached is our organic bird control device. And a picture of some of our rows.

50B92C05-5001-43EB-AC9C-2E3A8B475301.jpeg

D3C341F2-7C64-4E66-BDB7-578258C49D1B.jpeg

They are very particular with regard to PH level in the soil. With BBs we typically paid very close attention to the soil micro nutrients and the plant takes care of itself. Translated heavy harvest! Attached is our organic bird control device. And a picture of some of our rows.

View attachment 1715957169

View attachment 1715957170
We go to the wilderness to catch bluberries…when i worked for parks, quite often i would stop on the road for lunch, wander into bush for some blueberries, be warned- could end up face to face with a black bear. Luckily i never ended up in that situation. I knew someone that did. He got chewed up pretty good.but survived.

Some blueberries looking good. Tried a couple and decided to let them sweeten up a bit more.

View attachment 1715957135

View attachment 1715957136
Looks great!

I brought in the last of the lettuce
yesterday and today harvested all of these skinny string beans. I kept waiting thinking they were going to grow bigger - finally looked up the variety - nope - should have picked them days ago.
upload_2022-7-17_17-22-49.png

Cukes plants are growing and flowering but so far not many setting. Dry spell last week may have hurt?
upload_2022-7-17_17-25-42.png

Homemade baked chicken fingers here tonight with smashed potatoes, gravy, and grilled asparagus. :thumbsup:

-
Back