Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning Mike

BTW: been working my way through the Victoria thread.... wondering if I shouldn't just pull the engine while I have the transmission out replace major gaskets (there's some minor head gasket seepage) and clean/ paint everything
Whoooo.. that a bunch of work, not unless you can pull the head with intake and exhaust manifolds on, but winter is on it's way. :thumbsup:

Daughters El Camino had problems again, stalled at Deception Pass fortunately only 10 miles away. Was flooding, adjusted float drove 1 mile and stalled again. That's when I snapped off the carb stud so glad I brough safety wire lol! Ended up stalling again and she had it towed home (second time). I pulled the primary float adjuster and cleaned things out, new Holley, adjusted level and ran great on 5 mile test drive, expect I didn't fix anything again.

View attachment 1715970563

View attachment 1715970564

View attachment 1715970565
Could have been worse, she could have stalled on the bridge!

Great to hear from BD he is now officially an Okie! And close enough to us that I could foresee some problems! Hah! My last day is Sept 1 and I am retired as well. We too are doing the move thing and what a royal pita. Every time I look up Jodi is throwing something I wanted to keep away.
I was wondering if you and the big boss finally got the details all worked out.
Oh and all that stuff of your she's throwing away actually she's sending it to me for my garage. :rolleyes:

I think there is a you tube video on it by a Buick guy!:rofl: Actually it is the best way to learn Chris. And most of us have had slants.

Could have been worse, she could have stalled on the bridge!
That was one of my concerns when i was first driving my truck. Then the occasional low fuel event…the bridge is long and narrow..

Sounds like something I'd need the brothers here to help me with
Anyway I can help just ask away, try and leave the intake and exhaust together unless you are thinking of changing, and I believe I would leave the block in place and just pull the head, you can paint around it .

Sounds like something I'd need the brothers here to help me with
And then you'll pull the engine paint the engine bay and engine replace everything with new believe me I know it can get out of control...:eek:

I was wondering if you and the big boss finally got the details all worked out.
Oh and all that stuff of your she's throwing away actually she's sending it to me for my garage. :rolleyes:
We are still dancing around some details but for most part it is ironed out. I will have to come back to Fargo for next Board meeting but that will be hopefully the most of it. Unless I need to bounce up here for this or that. The retainer assures I will answer my phone. Told him he needed to incentivize my desire to answer the phone.

Hay everyone, its national relax day, breath deep people and take time to clear your mind of all drama :thumbsup:

It is a slippery slope we have all been on. Welcome to the addiction.

Yeah.... this driving season is kinda torched. Partially my own fault. I procrastinated on some of the bigger work doing too much research and then having to do things over (sometimes 2 or 3 times)

Hay everyone, its national relax day, breath deep people and take time to clear your mind of all drama :thumbsup:

Thanks Mike

20220815_075017.jpg

20220815_074817.jpg

20220815_074814.jpg

Yeah.... this driving season is kinda torched. Partially my own fault. I procrastinated on some of the bigger work doing too much research and then having to do things over (sometimes 2 or 3 times)
Sometimes thats the only route to go, as you will see in my restoration thread :rofl:

Does it act up only after being driven for a bit? You said she was 10 miles away when it quit

Yes seems that way. I've never been driving it when it happened but daughter says it acts lean at first, she has to put her foot in it, it stumbles then launches but ends up running rich. I'm starting to wonder if there's an ignition issue, think the advance is working, maybe the coil is breaking down. Do not believe it's vapor locking but I guess it's possible.

Nothing wrong with that if he admits it haha

I'll admit it, pretty limited carb experience, had "adult supervision" most of the time I've done anything with them. Had a friend help me set up my Mikuni's on my Toy, had never seen vacuum sticks before, used those to balance the carbs. I don't even own a vacuum gauge but am going to get one.

Yes seems that way. I've never been driving it when it happened but daughter says it acts lean at first, she has to put her foot in it, it stumbles then launches but ends up running rich. I'm starting to wonder if there's an ignition issue, think the advance is working, maybe the coil is breaking down. Do not believe it's vapor locking but I guess it's possible.

Yeah. Seems like it's something other than the carb unless the mixture screws are off or moving around somehow.

I'll admit it, pretty limited carb experience, had "adult supervision" most of the time I've done anything with them. Had a friend help me set up my Mikuni's on my Toy, had never seen vacuum sticks before, used those to balance the carbs.
I admit it too. Sometimes that’s the only option.

Yeah. Seems like it's something other than the carb unless the mixture screws are off or moving around somehow.
Is it a Holley? It can actually be the spring in the carb that can cause that too

-
Back