Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Screenshot_20220909_124135.jpg

Power has been out for about an hour now.... bright, sunny day

:wtf:
maybe a car accident, thats happened to me here on the hill twice this year, one was a trailer full of bailed hat, other was a truck and car accident.

Power has been out for about an hour now.... bright, sunny day

:wtf:
Well there’s rolling brownouts throughout the Great Lakes today. We were down for 3 hours on post earlier. It’s affected everyone from western New York to TN and as far west as St Louis from what we’re being told

Well there’s rolling brownouts throughout the Great Lakes today. We were down for 3 hours on post earlier. It’s affected everyone from western New York to TN and as far west as St Louis from what we’re being told
Don't you go pluggin in your electric car now, ya hear?

Negative. Not falling for that flimflam. :D
Ehhh see I like the concept. Mainly cause it says FU to the utility companies. The thing is, adding them to an existing home doesn’t make sense. But right now, it’s nearly as cheap to go full solar, non grid tied as it is to have new grid lines ran to where I’m gonna build. And if I go geothermal with propane backup, I can pull it off for even less.
The catch is… can I run a 240V welder off solar?

That's kinda how it is around here. The one with the most sound advice gets kicked to the curb. lol

Heretic!!!!

Felt sorry for the pummeling the guy with the torsion bar/front end issue had to go through. I'm am ignorant rookie as well. Some of that was kinda over the line.

Ehhh see I like the concept. Mainly cause it says FU to the utility companies. The thing is, adding them to an existing home doesn’t make sense. But right now, it’s nearly as cheap to go full solar, non grid tied as it is to have new grid lines ran to where I’m gonna build. And if I go geothermal with propane backup, I can pull it off for even less.

Unless you're storing locally in a battery bank your just a grid bot.

Heretic!!!!

Felt sorry for the pummeling the guy with the torsion bar/front end issue had to go through. I'm am ignorant rookie as well. Some of that was kinda over the line.
glad I missed that.

Wow. I must say this is one elaborate service for the queen.

I remember Diana’s funeral. That was massive. I imagine the queens will be even more so.

I really wasn’t concerned much at all with her passing, but from a historical standpoint, I think I will watch and have the kids watch, and then tune in for the Coronation.

Wow. I must say this is one elaborate service for the queen.

I remember Diana’s funeral. That was massive. I imagine the queens will be even more so.

I really wasn’t concerned much at all with her passing, but from a historical standpoint, I think I will watch and have the kids watch, and then tune in for the Coronation.

It's going to be crazy. Can't imagine the cost

Heretic!!!!

And you know......so many here are just plain STUPID and LOOKIN to be offended. I wasn't even talkin TO or ABOUT him. My whole scenario was totally hypothetical, yet, rather than latch onto all the good advice I gave.......and I did, he chose to go the other way. All the pictures he took except for maybe two were upside down, backwards and inside out. Everything I told him was true. I almost went back and told them this very explanation, but it won't do any good, because they're all lookin for a fight. So I just use the ignore feature instead.

Probably not directly. but seriously maybe. The trick will be not the voltage but the amp-hours. If your doing panels for the residential, that basically nominal 220 V across the two hots.
As far as I'm concerend the concept of electric panels is fine, the catch with existing buildings comes with roof installation when going with one of those lease deals. Since they front the cost and take a cut, your now in a relationship where if there's an issue with your roof, it has to be worked out. Not good IMO.

So just get a little 12 Volt deal hooked to some car batteries - you can then pair up a couple for some emergency arc welding.
:)

And you know......so many here are just plain STUPID and LOOKIN to be offended. I wasn't even talkin TO or ABOUT him. My whole scenario was totally hypothetical, yet, rather than latch onto all the good advice I gave.......and I did, he chose to go the other way. All the pictures he took except for maybe two were upside down, backwards and inside out. Everything I told him was true. I almost went back and told them this very explanation, but it won't do any good, because they're all lookin for a fight. So I just use the ignore feature instead.

I think he was on the defensive before you weighed in so it was never going to get better.

Kinda like walking into a strange local bar.... better to be quiet and observe for a while than immediately hang your @rse out....

Lots of folks pile in and never read or research before posting a lucid, well articulated question. Also good to read the room. Can't have a thin skin with this crowd :D

So it goes I suppose.

-
Back