Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good Morning Folks. Not much new here. Warmer again today 38° as a high with a nice week. Sturgeon spearing starts this weekend for those that enjoy throwing tridents at dinosaurs. I feel there are far too many people out on the ice, especially after a week of near 40° and some possible rain. But some wont miss it, super expensive underwater cameras, therma imaging, large TV monitors, etc. $1000's stuck into each set up while I am just trying to decide which Ramen noodles I want for dinner.....
Wow, didn't know they went after them that way, crazy. I've fished the Columbia for them, ended up "in the nursery" where most were under 3 feet, had to be over 3 but under 6 feet I think.

Morning!
-8° this morning. Guess we are over this polar vortex thing.

Wow, didn't know they went after them that way, crazy. I've fished the Columbia for them, ended up "in the nursery" where most were under 3 feet, had to be over 3 but under 6 feet I think.
Yeah, you guys get some monsters up there. There is a very set limit here. It could be open for a day or a week, depending on numbers. There are rules for size, but I don't know off hand.

Morning!
-8° this morning. Guess we are over this polar vortex thing.
Can't wait for warmer temps, not near as cold here as there so won't complain but it will be nice. Today it's wind and a lot of it, that's why I didn't plant the trees this weekend.

Yeah, you guys get some monsters up there. There is a very set limit here. It could be open for a day or a week, depending on numbers. There are rules for size, but I don't know off hand.
Sounds like the Halibut season up here, certain days and a quota so you never know how long the season is, usually around 1 month total.

Sounds like the Halibut season up here, certain days and a quota so you never know how long the season is, usually around 1 month total.
Halibut is my favorite fish overall. I am supposed to be heading back to Alaska this summer to take mom up by my brother. I wanted to go fishing last time, but the boat had issues and we found other things to do. That would be lots of fun.

We went salmon fishin' out of Port Angeles Wa. Very short cruise. Everybody on the boat had their limit within an hour of slowing the boat down enough to put a line in the water. Of course, since I didn't have a dollar in the Biggest Fish pool, I caught the biggest fish :BangHead: :lol:

Received and read the Car Craft back issue, good stuff and fairly complete rebuild. Car had a 318 and manual and even though not what I'm doing plenty of info that applied, thanks again Raini!

Image - 2023-02-06T042248.409.jpeg

Halibut is my favorite fish overall. I am supposed to be heading back to Alaska this summer to take mom up by my brother. I wanted to go fishing last time, but the boat had issues and we found other things to do. That would be lots of fun.
That's where they catch the big barn door sized ones, would love to fish up there. A charter out of Canada is probably more realistic for me.

We went salmon fishin' out of Port Angeles Wa. Very short cruise. Everybody on the boat had their limit within an hour of slowing the boat down enough to put a line in the water. Of course, since I didn't have a dollar in the Biggest Fish pool, I caught the biggest fish :BangHead: :lol:
I have friends that launch out of Seiku so pretty close I think. They run right to the Canadian "line in the water" and catch nice fish. I went out of Westport once and didn't enter the derby, same thing, caught what they said might have been the winning fish for the day, oh well!

Balmy here today, a high of 65. I have a day full of errands. We try and consolidate our “town tasks” so we kind of put it off till the list is long enough to warrant a trip to town. Need to reorder biz cards at office max, get fingerprinted (yet again) stop by tractor supply and lowes plus take my Dad to lunch. Gonna be busy today.

Balmy here today, a high of 65. I have a day full of errands. We try and consolidate our “town tasks” so we kind of put it off till the list is long enough to warrant a trip to town. Need to reorder biz cards at office max, get fingerprinted (yet again) stop by tractor supply and lowes plus take my Dad to lunch. Gonna be busy today.
How long is your run into town? Lunch with Dad sounds like a good plan!

We are going in August for 9 days, staying in Edinburgh which is pretty close to St. Andrews and I think I'm going to just go up there to see it. Whiskey tour sounds great, think I should check into that!
It is the Kings Barns distillery in St. Andrews.
If you go to the course on a Sunday they're closed for golf and you can walk the course.
Maybe a picture at the historic footbridge on the 18th fairway.

Couple of guys I worked with at Vandenberg used to fish Ling Cod just a ways up the beach from here. Always got good $$ for them at the fish market there on the pier. I don't know if they ever checked to see if those fish glowed in the dark. They used to fish right near the cooling water outflow at Diablo Cyn. Nuclear Power Plant :lol:

Well crap, just took a look at my phone/work email looks like we had a break in at one of our sites (my territory). They set the fence alarm off, not clear if they got inside the compound so I have to go verify they didn't steal anything. That site has had prior issues, security put some high dollar cameras up there at the corners of the fences, so the thief's stole the cameras since they could reach them from the back side, doh!

It is the Kings Barns distillery in St. Andrews.
If you go to the course on a Sunday they're closed for golf and you can walk the course.
Maybe a picture at the historic footbridge on the 18th fairway.
I'll look for that thanks! I know I won't be golfing though as you have to maintain a handicap to golf those courses, I'm just a worm burner!

Couple of guys I worked with at Vandenberg used to fish Ling Cod just a ways up the beach from here. Always got good $$ for them at the fish market there on the pier. I don't know if they ever checked to see if those fish glowed in the dark. They used to fish right near the cooling water outflow at Diablo Cyn. Nuclear Power Plant :lol:
I see, that would be the rare 3 eyed Ling Cod!

Well crap, just took a look at my phone/work email looks like we had a break in at one of our sites (my territory). They set the fence alarm off, not clear if they got inside the compound so I have to go verify they didn't steal anything. That site has had prior issues, security put some high dollar cameras up there at the corners of the fences, so the thief's stole the cameras since they could reach them from the back side, doh!
:BangHead: :lol: The security experts

How long is your run into town? Lunch with Dad sounds like a good plan!
About forty minutes to my Dads place, and he is in town. He hates being a townie, but as he aged he had to move in closer to medical facilities. We tried to figure out how to buy his place when he moved, but in the end the emotional baggage and drama with his wife was just not worth it. We were willing to pay more than he got for it. His wife is very difficult at best and no matter how much we loved the place, it just was not worth the family disruption. She is my age (Nuff said) Our kids are not her biggest fans let’s just say. She never had any children and lord knows them folks are always the smartest best parents. Every conversation with her always started with, if those were my kids….fill in the blank. Heck I figured if I didn’t have to take one of them to the emergency room the day was a win!

-
Back