Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Bushings easy to get out. A bear to put back. One down.

20230206_093842.jpg

Last edited:
Howdy . Spent some time working on the trunk floor to fit the fuel cell better. Thinking I may need to just have one custom built. The 22 gallon one I have from RCI I’m not liking now, mostly due to a change of plan. I’d have to raise the trunk floor 6 inches to clear the top fittings once I get them hooked on. I didn’t take that into account measuring for it. :BangHead:

Avalanche got an oil change. Neighbours car got a scan, new gas cap and an evap test. Another neighbour stopped in with a scooter cylinder head, trying to lap valve seats. All its doing is putting a step in the valve. Going to take some time, and trueing up the valves. Has new ones, so not worried about trashing them.

Howdy . Spent some time working on the trunk floor to fit the fuel cell better. Thinking I may need to just have one custom built. The 22 gallon one I have from RCI I’m not liking now, mostly due to a change of plan. I’d have to raise the trunk floor 6 inches to clear the top fittings once I get them hooked on. I didn’t take that into account measuring for it. :BangHead:
Always changes in plans as the buuild goes on.....

Made the Costco run this morning. Coffee supplies are replenished for now. Big Brown Can and Jose's Columbian Beans. Should get me by for a month or 2. Somehow a bottle of their SIX Vodka jumped into the cart as I passed. It looked so forlorn I couldn't put it back on the pallet :) my act of kindness for the day.

Always changes in plans as the buuild goes on.....
For me it was a preference thing. I was looking about and noticed how far below the rear valence the spare tire well and the fuel tank was on these A bodies.

Normally not a concern but with a 2 inch drop and the new very steep railroad crossing and seeing other A bodies scraping the bottoms a bit, I didn’t want my fuel cell hanging that low. So I raised the bottom of the mounts to be flush with the bottom of the rear valence. Which put my fuel cell 1.5 inches raised a over the trunk floor. Which I was simply going to raise the trunk floor to make it flush. HOWEVER, I didn’t account for the fittings and such, the -8 AN 90 degree elbows for the return and the vent are 3.5 inches tall, threaded onto an inch taller fitting.

Out of state bottle run today with a stop off at Textile. A cool brew pub in Manchester. It'sa old pajama factory and damn do they have some good beer's. I have Chi Spiced Ale. If you like Chi Tea you will know what I mean. It is delicious!

20230206_151758.jpg

Out of state bottle run today with a stop off at Textile. A cool brew pub in Manchester. It'sa old pajama factory and damn do they have some good beer's. I have Chi Spiced Ale. If you like Chi Tea you will know what I mean. It is delicious!

View attachment 1716045265
Man you get all the fun. I cleared fence line this afternoon after my town errands. I just almost got a gate hung. You can’t tell from the pix but there was a old fence line there. Double barb wire plus goat fence. It was no match for my battery operated cutoff wheel some chain and a tractor. Then brush hogged the whole mess down.

1E33107E-0F19-4EF9-976A-B25AD9F9BDD3.jpeg

Man you get all the fun. I cleared fence line this afternoon after my town errands. I just almost got a gate hung. You can’t tell from the pix but there was a old fence line there. Double barb wire plus goat fence. It was no match for my battery operated cutoff wheel some chain and a tractor. Then brush hogged the whole mess down.

View attachment 1716045272
Get er' done.

Haha I love my new job. And new company. Today marked my 60 days on the job, so they gave me a pair of company logo-Ed Beer Bottle Coozies!

View attachment 1716045272
Where are the pups ??

OK gents... had to take a deep breath after yesterday's failed launch of the Valiant. Transmission ate **** and smoked... never really got our of first gear. Hard shift into second at about 4000 rpm... plume of smoke and left with 1st and Reverse only.

Taking a break and assessing options.

-
Back