Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
OK gents... had to take a deep breath after yesterday's failed launch of the Valiant. Transmission ate **** and smoked... never really got our of first gear. Hard shift into second at about 4000 rpm... plume of smoke and left with 1st and Reverse only.

Taking a break and assessing options.
Damn

OK gents... had to take a deep breath after yesterday's failed launch of the Valiant. Transmission ate **** and smoked... never really got our of first gear. Hard shift into second at about 4000 rpm... plume of smoke and left with 1st and Reverse only.

I don't have a clue Chris wish I could help.

Where are the pups ??
They are under foot and helping all day. It is official, Hemi is a doper. I started giving her CBD oil as a tincture to ease the pain in her back end. She likes it! Of course they make it taste like peanut butter so there is that. It kind of gorks her out and let’s her sleep. I told Jodi heck I may put some on my food! I put an eye dropper worth in her food and she woofs it.

In summary.... Yes

Builder has already got back to me and said he'll get it right. Thinks that the front pump bushing is off the housing....cascading event. Fluid leaking from the bell housing so front seal is roasted. Maybe Torque Converter snout is too long??
I'll check that when I pull it.

Ummm stupid question, you had that rebuilt right? Did you double check the shop put in the dual pump filter? It’s been a very common mistake made by even the most reputable shops

In summary.... Yes

Builder has already got back to me and said he'll get it right. Thinks that the front pump bushing is off the housing....cascading event. Fluid leaking from the bell housing so front seal is roasted. Maybe Torque Converter snout is too long??
What city are you closest too?

In summary.... Yes

Dang man. It's just a setback. You'll get it right.

Well dang it just dang it. I have no experience with that particular gremlin. Maybe time to call in some reinforcements? Lon comes to mind? But I bet there are some others? Craig has his buddy John as well? I just dont have anything of value to add. Zero experience on those. I got emotional support but no technical support. Step away from it for a day or two. You have worked to hard to take a match to it.

Well dang it just dang it. I have no experience with that particular gremlin. Maybe time to call in some reinforcements? Lon comes to mind? But I bet there are some others? Craig has his buddy John as well? I just dont have anything of value to add. Zero experience on those. I got emotional support but no technical support. Step away from it for a day or two. You have worked to hard to take a match to it.

Thanks John.

Backed it in the garage, disconnected the battery and tossed the keys on the dash.

It'll be there when I'm ready

This guy here seems sharp and says he wants to help members. See if he'll put his money where his mouth is.

Definitely a rare bird. Not even my 78 has a hydraulic clutch

Wish I had the cash to play around with it. Runs/ drives. $7500

Screenshot_20230206_204816_Facebook.jpg

Ah that sucks!:BangHead::BangHead:

-
Back