Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well that hguy I mentioned a few weeks ago and pulled all the Mopar Sun tune up cards 57-63. He had them copied for me. Tell you what a hell of a nice guy doing that.

They are hard to find pre-60. They started making them in 57. So now I will have the full mopar set.

I have a crap load of catalogs and instructions going to that AACA library on the 21st while I will be down there anyhow. Might spend a few hours there getting copies made of what I do not have.

Nothing done so far. Fixed a couple of my dewalt batteries that had broken cases. One has a bad cell. Dont think i can fix that one.
Think i will use up some dynamat inside the firebird,get it out of the way.

My cousin that died two years ago at 60 was very healthy and biked to work 10 miles per day... Suddenly collapsed with a heart attack...

They contributed it to him using his asthma inhaler his whole life and it is hard on your heart, that's why I try to lean toward using my nebulizer at home whenever I can instead of the inhaler...

However, I'm nowhere close to using an inhaler for 45 or more years like he did, so I have lots of time before the inhaler takes me out... I just started with the asthma inhaler last year, but it doesn't hurt to be as careful as you can...
I too have asthma. My nebulizer has the same albuterol, but more and in vapor. I get super jittery when using it. I have a daily maintenance inhaler 2x per day that makes me rarely use albuterol or nebulizer

329232337_5412346725538748_7863465590244657523_n.jpg
:rofl::rofl:

So how concerned should I be?

Dealer screwed up the oil change on the Hemi today. Ever since I’ve had it, I’ve paid them to do full synthetic oil. Well they put a synthetic blend in today :BangHead: :BangHead:

Now they’ve credited me my money back and giving me my next oil change free(they’re 3 hours round trip from home or I’d take it back already). Their service manager has been really helpful correcting it. But he says nothing to worry about. It was the correct grade, just not full synthetic. To ease my mind, he notated the account and will be sending my oil off for an analysis after the next change, on their dime.

Just strikes me odd and I’m afraid he’s over compensating for some reason.

Is there any concerns with going from full synthetic to a blend in a modern engine designed for either or?

Dealer screwed up the oil change on the Hemi today. Ever since I’ve had it, I’ve paid them to do full synthetic oil. Well they put a synthetic blend in today :BangHead: :BangHead:

Now they’ve credited me my money back and giving me my next oil change free(they’re 3 hours round trip from home or I’d take it back already). Their service manager has been really helpful correcting it. But he says nothing to worry about. It was the correct grade, just not full synthetic. To ease my mind, he notated the account and will be sending my oil off for an analysis after the next change, on their dime.

Is there any concerns with going from full synthetic to a blend in a modern engine designed for either or?
Shouldn't be any issues. I have never seen problems with anything from work or home. Oil is oil. Most synthetic blends are conventional with additive package.

You drive 3 hours for an oil change?

You drive 3 hours for an oil change?
I had dealer do first (free) oil change on the CX-30. Will be the only one they do. I didn’t trust them and had it on ramps right away. Was dripping from plug. I was able to tighten and seal it. But when I did next one found they had 2 seal washers on the plug… :BangHead:

Thing is, second or 3rd lowest paid guy is the one doing oil changes. Lot rat and wash bay attendant being maybe the other 2. So when you go to a dealer for service you are taking your chances. Some independent shops only have certified techs, and oil changes are part and parcel with the job description.

Plus, it’s 75 bucks for the oil chance, new wipers, tire rotation and alignment, plus fluid top offs. Then every year, as part of it, they do a radiator and trans flush. The okie alone would cost me that.

Round trip. To keep my warranty I have to have it serviced by a dealer
Pretty sure they can’t do that legally. Just need to keep records. Mazda wants the same, but as long as I have receipts for oil and filters and don’t do any damage myself they have to honor warranty.

Last edited:
-
Back