Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning!
4° and a high of 7°. Windy, and expecting some rain. Just today, a little rain will help. Ice on the river changed pretty quick, wont be long and river will open up.
Brake job this morning, customer supplied parts, hope there is no snags.

Morning!
4° and a high of 7°. Windy, and expecting some rain. Just today, a little rain will help. Ice on the river changed pretty quick, wont be long and river will open up.
4 and 7 degrees and it ain't gonna be rain. Jes sayin.

Good morning everyone. Hitting the road shortly. Had the Demon out last night, ran shitty still at the 2700-3200 ish range again. I think I am on to something though. I tried leaning the idle mixture screws as the transfer slots are completely covered. Still bad. Tried richening. Way worse. Unplugged the vac advance, leaving the port om carb open. Idle didn't change. 3000 ish much better. So the plan is uncapped the rear carb nipple (both are manifold vacuum) to see if that helps more. If so, then I was pig rich and can add secondary throttle plate air to fix.

Good morning everyone. Hitting the road shortly. Had the Demon out last night, ran shitty still at the 2700-3200 ish range again. I think I am on to something though. I tried leaning the idle mixture screws as the transfer slots are completely covered. Still bad. Tried richening. Way worse. Unplugged the vac advance, leaving the port om carb open. Idle didn't change. 3000 ish much better. So the plan is uncapped the rear carb nipple (both are manifold vacuum) to see if that helps more. If so, then I was pig rich and can add secondary throttle plate air to fix.
Watching and learning, good luck!

Morning!
I think I've posted this before but the closest I've been to your neck of the woods was flying into Goose Bay (Royal Canadian Air Force I think) across Hudson Bay due East of you, it was fricking cold and they were serving ice cream at their airport, cracked me up. Different world up there for sure!

I think I've posted this before but the closest I've been to your neck of the woods was flying into Goose Bay (Royal Canadian Air Force I think) across Hudson Bay due East of you, it was fricking cold and they were serving ice cream at their airport, cracked me up. Different world up there for sure!
I'd freeze to death just thinkin about it.

I had an issue like that once in that rpm range but totally different system, TBI on a Chebby and it was the TPS, had a flat spot.

I had an issue like that once in that rpm range but totally different system, TBI on a Chebby and it was the TPS, had a flat spot.
So, this is a tunnel ram and twin 660 Holley center squirters. Mostly race carbs that have been outdated forever. Trying to make them work, and they really do, just need to get them tuned.

So, this is a tunnel ram and twin 660 Holley center squirters. Mostly race carbs that have been outdated forever. Trying to make them work, and they really do, just need to get them tuned.
Nice, so outdated meaning obsolete, no OEM replacement parts?

Need-Coffee.gif

More wind is coming on Sunday and it doesn't look like we won't make it to 60 degrees in April, Wah!!!

Last edited:
Anyone hear about the new trans fluid? It’s called Bud Light and comes in convenient 12 ounce cans

60 is nice.. we went from 30 to 80 in 1 day....
It’s been a beautiful week here. 72-82 so far. Not a cloud in the sky, slight breeze. And where have I been stuck for 12 hours a day? In a SCIFF

Morning Friday for you working stiffs but hey the weekend is almost here. Have a great day!!

Im not that far north, but seems manitobans like cold stuff, winnipeg is the slurpee capitol of canada.

-
Back