Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Pretty sure that’s what was in my brother’s Catalina. Approx 1970

Date stamp really hard to read I think it’s’68.

IMG_8643.jpeg

Whiskey tasting tonight. Wheated bourbons. I have many. I have 5 different Rebel bottles and now I need to test them all to pick the best one to bring to Club. Sucks to be me! :lol: :lol:
Well damn, I went through every bottle of Rebel I had are none are good enough to share. I was looking downstairs and found a New Riff with Red urkey Wheat that is quite good. I'll take that.

rebel.jpg

They all do at some point. "Know when to walk away. Know when to run".
That's why I bought a new car. Get away from that (for a while...). And, been trying to figure out how to get rid of the Duster with the least loss. :BangHead:
YOU will never recap it. I would have put a sign on it in the coral. when it was great and invited. Rust has a window. One of the reasons the pop is on the lift now. Want it done right for 15 years.

Last edited:
Well damn, I went through every bottle of Rebel I had are none are good enough to share. I was looking downstairs and found a New Riff with Red urkey Wheat that is quite good. I'll take that.
I just came in after a day of golf...sipping on some nice 12 year old Knob Creek.

For me it's go to the liquor store find the prettiest label and if it's over 60 bucks it has to be good.
More trial and error for me.
I got skunked many times doing that. I have been buying more barrel/store picks lately. aif they don't give samples, I don't buy. Or, I taste some of Terry's at MITP and chase after a bottle. Speaking of which, @68original, where did you get that 2XO? There's none around here and I haven't found it on the Iowa site.

Date stamp really hard to read I think it’s’68.

View attachment 1716102892

For the curious

Crate part # 3963516 denotes finished honed 4.250" bore block, with factory cast notches at bore bottoms to clear 4.00" stroke 454 crank. Counter exchange block.....3.76" stroke crank gives you a 427, 4.00" stroke crank gives you a 454. The only rarity to a 3999289 casting block, is this one being a 4 bolt main block. The majority of 289 blocks were 2 bolts.

For the curious

Crate part # 3963516 denotes finished honed 4.250" bore block, with factory cast notches at bore bottoms to clear 4.00" stroke 454 crank. Counter exchange block.....3.76" stroke crank gives you a 427, 4.00" stroke crank gives you a 454. The only rarity to a 3999289 casting block, is this one being a 4 bolt main block. The majority of 289 blocks were 2 bolts.
I still have a couple of Chevrolet four bolt main blocks from trucks that I have kept for years here. Kkkkkkkkk

YOU will never recap it. I would have put a sign on it in the coral. when it was great and invited. Rust has a window. One of the reasons the pop is on the lift now. Want it done right for 15 years.
Yeh, I know. The rust is still in there. I did it as a hobby, not an investment. It’s not a question of gaining. It’s about minimizing losses… I will purdy it up a bit, so it looks good enough for someone to jump in and drive a while before they have to work on it. Ask high and let somebody talk me down…

-
Back