Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
If Carlisle was today I wouldn't be able to go at all.
I can't ride that long. Or walk maybe more than 300 feet at a time without my legs getting tired, and that's on a flat surface.
Take care of yourself Ray, kinda like having you around here.

Finally got all the handrail posts in place. With appropriate gap for shooting bench incorporated into hand rail. The two posts sticking up on the backside are the beginning of the heckle bench. That is where spectators sit and heckle the shooter. Down below I have a bunch of the X bracing mitered and stuffed and wedged or staged for install.

View attachment 1716102814

View attachment 1716102815

View attachment 1716102816
Wow you are one busy dud!! Pup looks good.

Morning!
Late start, unlike Ray, i did backread. Took a long time to fall asleep,maybe got 3 hrs in a row, went back to bed and got another 2. Has been a very rough couple days. Time to shower, eat and then physio this afternoon.

Buddys 50 chevy needs a transmission, he wants to use shop. May as well let him, i dont see myself in there for at least another week.

Turning into a money pit, Dam thing otherwise is in great shape!
They all do at some point. "Know when to walk away. Know when to run".
That's why I bought a new car. Get away from that (for a while...). And, been trying to figure out how to get rid of the Duster with the least loss. :BangHead:

Late start, unlike Ray, i did backread. Took a long time to fall asleep,maybe got 3 hrs in a row, went back to bed and got another 2.
I often wake up too early (pain, birds, traffic....) regardless the reason, always gold to get back to sleep. :thumbsup: Had two issues this week -poison ivy on left leg and right arm itching bad. And lower back not good. Mon and Tues I did a shot of Nyquil to knock me out. Usually only use it if really sick, but figuring the same stuff that works for a cold should help with the itch. Apparently it worked, cause I got 5-6 hours straight sleep both times. Just did Tylenol last night. Slept OK, but was up a couple times.

That's why I bought a new car. Get away from that (for a while...). And, been trying to figure out how to get rid of the Duster with the least loss. :BangHead:
Why you selling the duster?

Wow you are one busy dud!! Pup looks good.
Thanks she has filled out nicely, she has put on about thirty pounds since we rescued her. And I don’t think she is an inch taller! She is trim and athletic now. I am having a terrible time keeping her from jumping off the deck. It is about ten ft to the ground. She is like a coiled spring all day! Thankfully with all the rain she is spending most of her time in the creek.

So time for some lunch, stop get a bite and put on some dry clothes. I got the top rail done on handrail so the deck is much safer now!

IMG_3984.jpeg

Selling the duster are ye?

Whiskey tasting tonight. Wheated bourbons. I have many. I have 5 different Rebel bottles and now I need to test them all to pick the best one to bring to Club. Sucks to be me! :lol: :lol:

Shop rate is $85/ hour

Thoughts on this? Keep in mind these are regional... so I figure where I'm located will be a bump higher than some places but not as expensive as others.

Screenshot_20230615_141212_Gmail.jpg

Buddy’s 50 chev is in shop. Im relaxing and he’s working on pulling transmission out.

So whatcha going to have them do?

I want to stay as close to stock as possible. If I can just re-ring the pistons then I'm good...

Keep in mind, I pretty much don't know what I'm doing :lol: but I'm cruising and not racing.

Do these things hit what I should be concerned with?

Hot tank and clean
Bore check and Hone (Bore as necessary)
Install Cam bearings
Clean, polish and align crank (as necessary)
Replace soft plugs

If overbore is required, then rod/piston assembly.

I would like the end result to be a short block.

Shop rate is $85/ hour

Thoughts on this? Keep in mind these are regional... so I figure where I'm located will be a bump higher than some places but not as expensive as others.

View attachment 1716102869
Their hourly rate sounds reasonable. I charge $90 an hour in my shop to work on a customer's car. But the rate at the local shops around here is closer to 110 or $120

-
Back