Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Pretty happy with the condition of my engine bay though.. even the battery box/under it are still solid with no holes.. my 71 challenger was WAY worse. Only issue with the 62 is something slammed the bottom of the core support pretty hard, i hammered it as straight as i could.. no one will ever know but me and it will annoy me forever:)

Funny about that capsule. The real mock up was in one of those huge hangers at Moffet field owned by NASA, Aimes. Some really cool stuff in there. Tons of prototype stuff. Just getting pidgin **** on them. Need to go to a museum. Let me see if I can find pics online.

Last edited:
If it went in someones Man Cave it would have to be hung, too much floor space hogging there. Like it tho. Have a Great Day All, time for workie

Ahh.. think i figured my primer issue.. spray gun has a little mesh screen filter that people say is too small for high build which would explain my problem since it was like the gun was starving for paint.

1688557792967.png

1688557865541.png

They cleaned that up. There was a moon lander mockup for training etc.

Tell you the truth don't think the space stuff was aluminum. Prob a composite of it. I am going to ask Jeeves!

Command Module
It was made of an aluminum honeycomb sandwhich bonded between sheet aluminum alloy. The base of the CM consisted of a heat shield made of brazed stainless steel honeycomb filled with a phenolic epoxy resin as an ablative material and varied in thickness from 1.8 to 6.9 cm.

it used to hold space mockups. That hanger was actually packed at one time.
yeah, i was thinking more of the planes as scrap :) And it is amazing the stuff that just gets put in a hanger/warehouse and forgotten about.. some amazing history out there.

NASA used the Johnsville NAS centerfuge for the astronauts
That mockup capsule reminded me of the centerfuge capsule.

I've never checked out the remaining facilities although knew about them.

1688559678411.png
They definately farmed out to alot of the other Nasa agencies. In housing I was directly across the street from the wind tunnel. Man when they started that the lights would dim and it shook the ground. Amazing you can easily put a 727 in there.

1688559596752.png

View attachment 1716110647

So did something change over the weekend? in the alerts new posts used to be yellow now old and new are all gray/silver making it harder to know whats new or not?

Good morning all. Enjoying a cup of coffee and contemplating what I will do today. I know oil changes on both trucks are on the list.

So did something change over the weekend? in the alerts new posts used to be yellow now old and new are all gray/silver making it harder to know whats new or not?

OK..
It's not just me...

Yeah, and I get the banner asking me to allow push notifications as well. That's new

Screenshot_20230705_084015_Chrome~2.jpg

Good morning all. Enjoying a cup of coffee and contemplating what I will do today. I know oil changes on both trucks are on the list.
Have dogs? go for a nice walk before it gets too hot out :) That's a better plan

-
Back