Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Something like that . LOL. Actually ther was no real tap root. The final straw was that one 3-4 inch root that is upwards in pic. I always figure the total cross section of Root area after the taper point is about equal to the trunk area. So, I can usually guess what is under. The remaining 3 stumps don’t have near as many side roots so I expect they have a significant tap root. i will cut the ones I see at sides and then cut them at ground level.
Nice work!! I got seven small stumps to dig out and cut off below ground level. They are all in the meadow so don't have to look nice just be able to mow over them.

Past two days, eliminated 10 raccoons, but got skunked on the skunks, they really tore into back yard last night

Nice work!! I got seven small stumps to dig out and cut off below ground level. They are all in the meadow so don't have to look nice just be able to mow over them.
Thanks. Any normal person would have called a guy with a stump grinder. Probably 5+ hours in that one. I would have estimated 1 or 2. LOL

A rental stump grinder to the rescue. Or call a tree service. Make the call and write the check. Done!

I have some stumps I need to take care of near the small garage. I can rent a grinder from Ace Hardware in town for $125. That is most likely what we will do. We have a ton of other stumps but they are in the woods so I don't really care.

A little house repair work today. Noticed it was leaking last week.
PXL_20230803_163503272.jpg

Thanks. Any normal person would have called a guy with a stump grinder. Probably 5+ hours in that one. I would have estimated 1 or 2. LOL
Mine aren't very wide so I'll first wait until cooler weather then dig down a few inches skim it with the chainsaw throw some dirt on it with grass seed and done.

I got Dad's old 22 cal. back. My bro in law had it and gave it to his brother when his health got bad. It's an old Mossberg model 40. Only made between 1930 and 1935. Sill in pretty good shape. I should probably have it checked out before I shoot it.

20230803_124254.jpg

20230803_124247.jpg

A rental stump grinder to the rescue. Or call a tree service. Make the call and write the check. Done!
I'm tired of paying...all the remodeling we've done the last few months. I already have the tree service coming in a few weeks to take down and stump three trees in the front yard. We have about thirty more out there, so they won't be missed. With the slopes and the creek mowing around these three was a PITA. I'll do the little stuff.

Mine aren't very wide so I'll first wait until cooler weather then dig down a few inches skim it with the chainsaw throw some dirt on it with grass seed and done.
Good plan. That's what I am figuring for the other 3 Spruce stumps. Will start cleanin the dirt away. Then let it rain on them a few times so less chance of killing my chain in the dirt.

Not much to really check out on those Bossman. Run a bore snake thru it a time or two and she should purr like a cat. Those are indestructible and many are still shooting today.
It could use a little spiffing up here on the barrel. A little fine steel wool and some 3 in 1 oil?

Mossberg Model 40 C.jpg

It could use a little spiffing up here on the barrel. A little fine steel wool and some 3 in 1 oil?

View attachment 1716122674
My old Winchester has looked like that since I acquired it in the middle '60s :lol: It was my dad's when he was a kid so the rifle is probly closin' in on 90 yrs old :D When he gave it to me the grip portion of the stock was covered in electrical tape :wtf: Seems one of the brothers had broken the stock and they repaired it with piano wire and tape :lol: I couldn't have that. Off came the tape and wire, broke it completely into 2 pieces, got out the epoxy, sand paper, and shellac and went at it.

-
Back