Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So, my hunk of **** daily driver truck broke again. 2001 F350 with 7.3L. Suddenly it won't go over 20mph. Feels like the brake are applying on their own. Hydroboost???

I have my opinions on him with wrongs in the books, I am a hack I guess. In person, cant do wrong. BLOCK, BLOCK, BLOCK! IMO Right up there with Mark from GYC and Tonys Pts Three of four banned from my vending space.

Last edited:
Wow... if it's for real

Screenshot_20230908_181432_Facebook.jpg

So I had an interesting lunch today with an older gentleman that works for us. He’s in his late 70s now but he retired after 43 years with a company that just so happened to be the ones who designed and installed the elevator system in the twin towers of the World Trade Center. In fact, he was the junior manager of the project at the time of construction. He also testified to congress post 9/11 about the how and why of the design during the investigation of the collapses. Very interesting conversation. He wasn’t in New York that day, he was at his headquarters in Virginia that day. But what struck me is he says it haunts him from time to time thinking about how they placed the elevators. He said that the prime contractor developing the building insisted on a unique layout that he feels resulted in all the elevators and the emergency stairwells installed in such as fashion that pretty much resulted in the trapping of all those above the impacts. He said they actually had to get special permission from the city to install them that way. Anyway, I got home and had to verify his claim and sure as ****, he is listed as a witness before Congress in the 9/11 Report.

Just never knew. Thought it was interesting

So I had an interesting lunch today with an older gentleman that works for us. He’s in his late 70s now but he retired after 43 years with a company that just so happened to be the ones who designed and installed the elevator system in the twin towers of the World Trade Center. In fact, he was the junior manager of the project at the time of construction. He also testified to congress post 9/11 about the how and why of the design during the investigation of the collapses. Very interesting conversation. He wasn’t in New York that day, he was at his headquarters in Virginia that day. But what struck me is he says it haunts him from time to time thinking about how they placed the elevators. He said that the prime contractor developing the building insisted on a unique layout that he feels resulted in all the elevators and the emergency stairwells installed in such as fashion that pretty much resulted in the trapping of all those above the impacts. He said they actually had to get special permission from the city to install them that way. Anyway, I got home and had to verify his claim and sure as ****, he is listed as a witness before Congress in the 9/11 Report.

Just never knew. Thought it was interesting
At the 911 museum, they talk about those elevators. A very unique design...

-
Back