Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Did some grocery shopping for when my sister gets here. She has allergy's to Gluten. Even found Gluten free Oreo's so she might not beat me up when she looks in my cupboards for a snack. :thumbsup:
My son’s girlfriend is gluten intolerant. She gets really sick from it. Anyhow I’ve learned how to cook gluten free and there are some amazing recipes out there along with some great gluten free snacks. Gluten free pasta has come along way also. You just can’t cook it as long as regular pasta.

My son’s girlfriend is gluten intolerant. She gets really sick from it. Anyhow I’ve learned how to cook gluten free and there are some amazing recipes out there along with some great gluten free snacks. Gluten free pasta has come along way also. You just can’t cook it as long as regular pasta.
Didn't now that so less cooking time on the noodles. Thanks Steph.

My sister just boarded the train in Seattle and her way here. Will be here tomorrow night at 11:45 PM. She hasn't been here in 12 years I think.

I have tried a bunch of different gluten free pasta. The difference between brands is striking. Best advice I can give with all things gluten free is just because you have a terrible experience with brand X dont write off the platform. There will be a different brand that works and tastes just fine for you. Here is pix of grandson getting ready to whip up some gluten free pancakes this morning. Pro tip. Batter is much looser than traditional, hot skillet is key, low and slow as you would traditionally mixed batter will not turn out well. High heat stick em and flip em!

IMG_1126.jpeg

I have tried a bunch of different gluten free pasta. The difference between brands is striking. Best advice I can give with all things gluten free is just because you have a terrible experience with brand X dont write off the platform. There will be a different brand that works and tastes just fine for you. Here is pix of grandson getting ready to whip up some gluten free pancakes this morning. Pro tip. Batter is much looser than traditional, hot skillet is key, low and slow as you would traditionally mixed batter will not turn out well. High heat stick em and flip em!

View attachment 1716197965
Great combo. Grand kid and hound waiting for breakfast. Love it. :thumbsup:

Sitting here with a toddy, house is finally quiet. Grandson has a lot to say, all day. There is no off switch! Hard on an old man that is used to working alone with pandora! I was thinking about swinging up to @ZMan67S to watch game tomorrow but figured I would go outside to pee and never get back in the house! Hah!

Sitting here with a toddy, house is finally quiet. Grandson has a lot to say, all day. There is no off switch! Hard on an old man that is used to working alone with pandora! I was thinking about swinging up to @ZMan67S to watch game tomorrow but figured I would go outside to pee and never get back in the house! Hah!
Ted and I tasted through some ryes tonight. Let me count.

Wolfie just text me and said he's doing fine. Still waiting for his answer on when he will be back home.

Ted and I tasted through some ryes tonight. Let me count.
@Sublime one , 13 total. We rated them all and believe it or not, Whistle Pig 12 year was the worse. The top 2 we are going to get for club are Wild Turkey Rare Breed Rye and Barrel Seagrass. Both were a surprise to us both. Coming in a damn close 3rd is Rossville Union 6 year. Ted didn't rate it as high as many others but he said it's a "Rye man's Rye" with bold rye spices but it's so smooth and balanced. That was a tough job tasting through all those.

Last edited:
I am reconsidering my position on Ryes as a result of your relentless barrage of yummy pix! I just need to hold a tasting in the shop and have an open mind. They are just too hot for me as a rule.
See my post above. It may change your mind.

Long day. Went to get a caliper locally at a family owned store. Made in China :rolleyes:
and to add salt to the injury - it has nicer looking casting and finsh than the AC Delco or Cardones I've previously bought.

Spindle is still hanging on the steering knuckle. Apparently the solution will involve more force.

Got home and my nieghbor had grabbed a package (befoer any porch thief could) texted me, and then offered a bowl of japanese curry his wife made. Super nice!

I asked Wolfie when he would be home and looks like not for a month or so. He still plans on going to MITP so that's good.

Long day. Went to get a caliper locally at a family owned store. Made in China :rolleyes:
and to add salt to the injury - it has nicer looking casting and finsh than the AC Delco or Cardones I've previously bought.

Spindle is still hanging on the steering knuckle. Apparently the solution will involve more force.

Got home and my nieghbor had grabbed a package (befoer any porch thief could) texted me, and then offered a bowl of japanese curry his wife made. Super nice!
Curry for the win!

Pretty good dust up between the hounds this evening. Hemi won’t even come into same room as the Mal pup yet. Her pride is hurt, and showing the newly adopted signs of submission to the new alpha female. Sad, but it is the circle of life, Hemi has had a good run.

-
Back