Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Home from work and tired. Last two days replacing windshields in semi's. Older semi's that have had their windshields replaced at least 3 times. Why do so many guys think that when you replace a windshield that's urethane set to just goober it up with lots of urethane and hope it doesn't leak. :BangHead: Makes a hell of a mess for the next guy. Not doing anymore semi windshields, tired of standing on the valve cover of a Deisel engine trying to keep from falling off cold knifing a windshield out.

Home from work and tired. Last two days replacing windshields in semi's. Older semi's that have had their windshields replaced at least 3 times. Why do so many guys think that when you replace a windshield that's urethane set to just goober it up with lots of urethane and hope it doesn't leak. :BangHead: Makes a hell of a mess for the next guy. Not doing anymore semi windshields, tired of standing on the valve cover of a Deisel engine trying to keep from falling off, cold knifing a windshield out.

So using a explosives to blast the windshield out isn't an option? That could make it fun.

Sorry it sucked Fred. Most people don't think of the next person down the line

So using a explosives to blast the windshield out isn't an option? That could make it fun.

Sorry it sucked Fred. Most people don't think of the next person down the line
More than thinking of the next guy down the line is just doing it right.
Had to kick the last window out but I did think of explosives. :thumbsup:

Tried to keep up with everyone the last few days and looks like your all still alive so that's good.

Think I may have had my first eBay, swing and miss... Paid for a part on the 15th...it hasn't shipped yet. Site says to wait until the 30th... but I'm not holding my breath.

Think I may have had my first eBay, swing and miss... Paid for a part on the 15th...it hasn't shipped yet. Site says to wait until the 30th... but I'm not holding my breath.
that sucks... i haven't had that happen yet...

An observation:

This is sparked by yet another NAPA coupon in text message. I never get to use them because they either A - don't have what I need or B - are never open when I am able to make the trek into town.

Corollary
Grew up a contractor's kid...so I have a LOT of time in lumber yards during the 70's and early 80's... I say that to say this... We may disparage the big-box phenomenon, but those lumber yards "back in the day" were not for Harry Homemaker or the DIY-guy. You had to know exactly what to ask for and how much sight unseen.

I get that same vibe from NAPA. They are for the professional. I'm thankful that I have a Carquest nearby that is staffed by Adults and shelves of "Stuff" I can stare at because I really don't know what to ask for.

Breakfast this morning at Cafe Lan. This is called Com Suong. Thinly sliced pork chops marinated and grilled. Along with some rice and some nice vegetables and a vegetable soup. Glass of Lipton iced tea. Delicious .Total cost $3

1000003683.jpg

-
Back