Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Solar lease explained. With a solar lease, instead of paying a monthly bill to the electric company, you pay it to the solar company. Supposedly at a reduced rate. BUT at the end of the lease, however long, the system is still owned by the company that installed it. If you dont want another lease, they take it out! They get your solar tax credit, for me it is 20 grand! AND what ever the system produces you pay for. EVEN if you leave the house vacant, you still pay. AND you will still have a electric bill.

Solar lease explained. With a solar lease, instead of paying a monthly bill to the electric company, you pay it to the solar company. Supposedly at a reduced rate. BUT at the end of the lease, however long, the system is still owned by the company that installed it. If you dont want another lease, they take it out! They get your solar tax credit, for me it is 20 grand! AND what ever the system produces you pay for. EVEN if you leave the house vacant, you still pay. AND you will still have a electric bill.
WHOA!!!! screw that.

I purchased my system outright, used the money I got from my 66 charger. It will produce more than I need, I will get a credit from SDGE on my " BILL" End of the year, they pay me!

A 12KW ground mount system installed cost 60 grand. Minus the tax credit, 40 grand. a lot of money but so is 500 a month to SDGE! roof systems cost less. 6 grand less than my ground system.

A 12KW ground mount system installed cost 60 grand. Minus the tax credit, 40 grand. a lot of money but so is 500 a month to SDGE!

Whats the expected component life? Maintenance? They do lose efficiency as they age, panals get cloudy, dirty etc.

I purchased my system outright, used the money I got from my 66 charger. It will produce more than I need, I will get a credit from SDGE on my " BILL" End of the year, they pay me!
question though, how long until it pays itself off?

Whats the expected component life? Maintenance? They do lose efficiency as they age, panals get cloudy, dirty etc.
The USA made panels give a 20 year warranty on output. Not so long on china panels, 5 years. Guaranty to put out 90 percent of rated value for 20 years. The BIG advantage to owning the system, I can add on more panels if I want myself. The engineer the system to produce 30 percent more than needed to compensate for the 10 percent loss over the life of the guarantee.

how any idea how much that credit from SDGE will be?
The USA made panels give a 20 year warranty on output. Not so long on china panels, 5 years. Guaranty to put out 90 percent of rated value for 20 years. The BIG advantage to owning the system, I can add on more panels if I want myself. The engineer the system to produce 30 percent more than needed to compensate for the 10 percent loss over the life of the guarantee.

IF electric does not go up, it will, 10 years. Not figuring in the refund from SDGE. so unknown. And not figuring in the 20 grand tax credit.

IF electric does not go up, it will, 10 years. Not figuring in the refund from SDGE. so unknown. And not figuring in the 20 grand tax credit.
so on that 20 grand credit, just lowers your taxable income right?

wow, so according to their calculator, even their biggest 36 panel, wouldn't cover my usage..........

And geographic location had a direct effect on power output. North is lower. I am next to the Mexican border, so high output. Equator is best.

-
Back