Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Something has to be doing it, Uneven flywheel? Chris what have you changed so far.

Dang, I'm not helping much here. Hopefully the T/O bearing won't be the issue this time. Hydraulic so no adjustment I presume.
yep hydraulic slave

Jesus - that's a new clutch about every 25k... Chinese guy say - sumtingelsewong
Yep
Ah ok thanks
I am assuming it has a slave cylinder on the clutch fork?
Slave cylinder is external on the bell housing
sooo.. maybe Chris wore out his shaft..?? ~what!?
Yep
Something has to be doing it, Uneven flywheel? Chris what have you changed so far.

New flywheel the last time, had the old one turned on the clutches before. Clutch disc, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bearing changed each time. Slave cylinder changed twice. Pivot ball for the fork changed with the last clutch job last year.

yep hydraulic slave

Yep

Ah ok thanks

Slave cylinder is external on the bell housing

Yep

New flywheel the last time, had the old one turned on the clutches before. Clutch disc, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bearing changed each time. Slave cylinder changed twice. Pivot ball for the fork changed with the last clutch job last year.
Sounds like you're doing everything more than right!

I would look at the trans to see if something is not right, something has to be doing it the rest of what you did is right. Does it fit tight into the bellhousing or does it have any adjustment for placement?

Good Morning. Here's a nice new clutch for you Chris.:lol:
black-leather-clutch-against-white.jpg

jeeeez - you're getting up later and later and later... :poke:
Just a couple days. I actually looked in here before any of yuins were on this morning, but went back to sleep. Glad I did, needed it. Busy last night. Got my tire valves changed, so no more extenders. Ate dinner late, so up later. Catching up on sleep from a lot of short sleep nights early in the week. Yawn. Just got second cup...

I would look at the trans to see if something is not right, something has to be doing it the rest of what you did is right. Does it fit tight into the bellhousing or does it have any adjustment for placement?
did you see that "hose thread" was up near 100!!! :lol:

Just a couple days. I actually looked in here before any of yuins were on this morning, but went back to sleep. Glad I did, needed it. Busy last night. Got my tire valves changed, so no more extenders. Ate dinner late, so up later. Catching up on sleep from a lot of short sleep nights early in the week. Yawn. Just got second cup...
you're starting to sound like one of them there retired guys....

Fits up tight, no room for adjustment. I just spent the last hour on the Jeep JK forum. Appears to be a very very common issue among 2007-current Jeeps with the 6 speeds. So far, no one has found a universal/common fix other than to sell it and get an automatic :eek:

Fits up tight, no room for adjustment. I just spent the last hour on the Jeep JK forum. Appears to be a very very common issue among 2007-current Jeeps with the 6 speeds. So far, no one has found a universal/common fix other than to sell it and get an automatic :eek:
time to sell!! cut and run - you must have about twice what it's worth in by now

time to sell!! cut and run - you must have about twice what it's worth in by now
Yeah, i really want too. But i'll have to fix it first. something im dreading with my back right now

sad part is, according to NADA, what i'd need out of the jeep is just below the suggested retail price at the moment

sad part is, according to NADA, what i'd need out of the jeep is just below the suggested retail price at the moment
Sounds like you are going to lose no matter what. Did every clutch last at least 20K? Fix it. Get another 10K out of it and DUMP IT!

-
Back