Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I'd tap that.

I heard she can be bitchy, but I still like her, not so much watching her shows but just because an interviewer asked her how she felt about people who don't like her and she answered: they are perfectly entitled to feel that way. As Liberace used to say, "I cry all the way to the bank."

Do any of you remember the LA riots of the early 1990s? I just started watch a 4 hour documentary on them for my Master's class. I was about 5 and faintly remember them but wow those riots were bad.

Well I am almost 3 weeks out of knee replacement surgery. Had my first post-op with my surgeon yesterday.
I am ahead of the curve and he actually told me to slow down a bit to achieve the range of motion. I am walking
a mile a day and I am up to 118 degrees of motion where 120 degrees is considered full range of motion.
To celebrate I am going to my lake Cle Elum place for the weekend and reading my backlog of car magazines.
TGIF to all you mopar nerds------------------:)

Hey Chris, I remember the LA riots, just a reason for a community to destroy their city, and hurt a lot of innocent people...JMO

Well finally got back from UBERING! Got Tikes Mower though! Bigger than I remember it being.

Took the Fish out for the first drive of the year. All systems were a go. Made progress finding a blue vert top for the car. The page I found online showing the color swatch for my car, I found the guy who actually has the book. Its the 1967 Plymouth color and trim book, only one he's seen in over 40 years of collecting. He got it with a car years ago from a guy who was a sales manager at a Chrysler dealership. I'm going to mail him the samples and he'll give me the best match.

My good luck doesn't stop there. Got my trailer title from state DMV. I saw they'd charged me the wrong sales tax....not enough, like $500. Thinking they'd come after me I went out to the local DMV. I explained it to the manager, and he said "well since you have the title, don't worry about it" I said I'll pay, and he said no its ok. I know why, but that's just the way I am.

Hey Chris, I remember the LA riots, just a reason for a community to destroy their city, and hurt a lot of innocent people...JMO
yeah, sadly most of the people beat to death, got no justice according to the documentary.

DSC02459.JPG
DSC02460.JPG
DSC02461.JPG

Do any of you remember the LA riots of the early 1990s? I just started watch a 4 hour documentary on them for my Master's class. I was about 5 and faintly remember them but wow those riots were bad.
I remember them also. Riots, I never understood the concept. We're depressed and oppressed so let's turn the neighborhood we have to live in into a war zone and destroy it.

I remember them also. Riots, I never understood the concept. We're depressed and oppressed so let's turn the neighborhood we have to live in into a war zone and destroy it.
yeah, I have to write a review of the response by the city and state to the riots.

yeah, I have to write a review of the response by the city and state to the riots.
Good thing you don't have to do it on Freddy Gray and Baltimore. The Mayor was on tv telling the police to stand back and let them go while they set cars and buildings on fire.

Easy....overwhelmed. If I remember right they called in federal troops.
Yep the police were riding shotgun in Humvees with Marines. They learned "cover me" going into a building meant something entirely different. The Marines laid down a heavy base of cover fire putting more than 200 bullet holes in the residences. They were responding to a domestic dispute....no more calls from that house.

Good thing you don't have to do it on Freddy Gray and Baltimore. The Mayor was on tv telling the police to stand back and let them go while they set cars and buildings on fire.
so did the mayor of LA. ordered the police out of the area.
Easy....overwhelmed. If I remember right they called in federal troops.
Governor sent in the the national Guard on day 3.

-
Back