Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
That was my baby that I spec’d and oversaw the installation and programming of to do its work. It was designed to move 800 lb pieces of equipment around in a small space and place them accurately within 1 mm of where then needed to be.

It’s name was “Gort”. See if anyone knows the movie reference for where I got it from.
Drawing a blank there

A question for the brain trust. A few months ago I took the exhaust manifolds off the Barracuda, bead blasted them, cleaned, and painted as per the instructions on the can (Bill Hirsch exhaust manifold paint). I baked them at 350 for a half hour, waited a couple days and put them back on. After several drives I have one small spot that I apparently touched before it was dry, or something like that. The paint flaked off. Other than that everything looks great.

I'm not going to take the manifold off again to repaint it. I think because the paint is only a four months old I can clean the spot and touch it up. Or should I tape it off and repaint the entire manifold?? I still have the same can of paint I used before.

My question, I know I run the manifold temp up to 350 to cure the paint. How many times to you suggest I do that?? I thought a few times running the temp to 350 letting it cool off for a few minutes and repeating. I know you guys will have a suggestion. Thanks in advance.

A question for the brain trust. A few months ago I took the exhaust manifolds off the Barracuda, bead blasted them, cleaned, and painted as per the instructions on the can (Bill Hirsch exhaust manifold paint). I baked them at 350 for a half hour, waited a couple days and put them back on. After several drives I have one small spot that I apparently touched before it was dry, or something like that. The paint flaked off. Other than that everything looks great.

I'm not going to take the manifold off again to repaint it. I think because the paint is only a four months old I can clean the spot and touch it up. Or should I tape it off and repaint the entire manifold?? I still have the same can of paint I used before.

My question, I know I run the manifold temp up to 350 to cure the paint. How many times to you suggest I do that?? I thought a few times running the temp to 350 letting it cool off for a few minutes and repeating. I know you guys will have a suggestion. Thanks in advance.
Never bothered to paint one so I'm no help

I think I would just try to touch it up. Spray some paint in the cap and touch it up, heat cycle it and cross your fingers.

Didn’t we already answer this one and I gave you the link to get an IR gun to measure the manifold temperature?

Didn’t we already answer this one and I gave you the link to get an IR gun to measure the manifold temperature?
Yes you did I know the temp just wasn't sure how many times. Oven was 350 for 30 minutes, wasn't sure on time curing on the engine.

Just clean off the flaking paint, scuff a little beyond that and repaint that spot overlapping the old paint. Cycle the manifold to 350* three times and you are done.

Just clean off the flaking paint, scuff a little beyond that and repaint that spot overlapping the old paint. Cycle the manifold to 350* three times and you are done.

and if that don't work, strip the whole thing down and do the whole thing...

Cheeseburger. bacon. lettuce. mayo. tomato. onion. jalepeno..

and French Fries.
Trying to get some dinner together myself. I think the recipe I just used was titled "How to flame cook chicken breasts on the grill in less then 4 minutes" Step 1. marinade in Italian dressing..............

Work made me lose my appetite today, so no lunch.

Having a few beers now trying to get it back so I can eat something before bed.

This **** is gonna kill me...

not complaining, but find it amusing... this time yesterday our forecast was 100% chance of 3-5 inches of snow for Saturday. Now, no s word. 10% for any precipitation. :wtf: :lol:
Yeah, looks like they downgraded it here too...

37° Precipitation chance 77%

Much colder with a mixture of snow and sleet, accumulating 1-3 inches on grassy surfaces, roads will be mainly just wet.

-
Back