Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Must be a fire nearby, helicopters been flying all day.
Exitement down by the shop was a bunch of gunshots - since the police showed up and a bus was pulled over I can only assume it wasn't just for fun. Small caliber.
No ambulence which is always a good sign. Its still better down there than it used to be.

Just checked, 4 active fires, all under control.
So they say....
The park about 60 miles north is about 3 feet deep with tinder, and its dry. So dry, no corduroy pants are allowed....

Just checked, 4 active fires, all under control.
So they say....
The park about 60 miles north is about 3 feet deep with tinder, and its dry. So dry, no corduroy pants are allowed....
Whats the current thinking/policy there with respect to controlled burns?

I gather its safe for the vynil in the car?
Yep. I have used pretty much on everything in the interior. You just need to follow with a damp towel to sort of rinse it off. I have even used it on the headliner in my SRT.

If it took them 409 tries to get the right formula, what were the other 408 attempts????
Well I've bought the 9th fomula, after that maybe the needle got stuck. Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, num..

by the time they got it off it was 408?

Whats the current thinking/policy there with respect to controlled burns?
This i know a little bit. No controlled burn/backburning near populated areas. Its usefulness is dwindling with more water bombers in the books.
I was on the backburn /helitorch team for 3 seasons, after my heart attack, standing under hovering helicopters was a bad idea. Too bad, that was the highlight of my government job.They wanted me to still participate,for the repair and fabricating part but its an all or nothing thing for me.

What is it about 409 that you like it so much???
It is a very specific blend of surfactants that make it work really well across a wide range of cleaning targets. I first got hooked on it when we would use it back at DuPont engineering for some specific cleaning applications and got deep into the science of how it works. It is also safe on pretty much any surface.

Here is a link to a thread that I made using it to clean the engine bay of my SRT...

Cleaned up the engine bay - Dodge Charger Forums

When I was at a Pharmaceutical company back in the late 90s, they had a tough drug substance that would stain surfaces and was hard to remove. It would flouresce under black light so you could see that it was being tracked around the facility. They tried every kind of cleaner they could think of and nothing worked.

I finally said “I know how to clean it”...and out of desperation they said ok, give it a try.

I brought in my bottle of 409 and Shazam! Cleaned up every bit of it. They were stunned.

After that, every lab in the company had a bottle of 409 in it.

The first sign of Spring in my garage, I finally can turn my lighted signs back on.

Since there is only one outlet (for now) I have to turn off the signs to run the oil-filled electric heater so I don’t pop the breaker. Now that the garage holds 68* or better on its own without the heater at night when I am out here, I can turn them back on again.

Ahhhh...that is much better...

82335758-94A0-418E-A1FA-4A992E0B7201.jpeg

I bought some 4 foot led’s for shop and garage.
Today i was working on atvs, under the hoist. Kinda dark.
Tried an led in the channels between the decks. Fit perfect.
Will need to make a trouble light out of one i think.

I bought some 4 foot led’s for shop and garage.
Today i was working on atvs, under the hoist. Kinda dark.
Tried an led in the channels between the decks. Fit perfect.
Will need to make a trouble light out of one i think.
Good lighting in any shop or work space is invaluable. Cool that you found a way to get it to work more effectively under the hoist.

:thumbsup:

-
Back