Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Like and agree,Dave. Although i have never met any one from this thread personally,i consider you all friends. I do agree some remarks may get a little off, but the higher ups do a great job keeping things in check. There are limits, this i know and if someone inadvertenly gets out of hand, it still rarely goes too far.
One reason i like to hang around here. Common interests with diversity.

I think back to the yahoo days,and all the other forums i have taken part in over the last 15 or so years,this by far has the most class as far as people getting along.

Well, if you really want to change the world, it takes a deep look within.

I can not change the world. No one can.

We can all ask ourselves;

Am I making the problem better or worse?

It truly is a problem.

No one can answer for another, that takes a look within.

But I know enough to not make situations worse.

Why throw fuel on a raging fire that is already blazing out of control?

If the 'men' in these boys lives think this type of behavior is OK, then what can you expect the boys that look up to them to do?

Everyone can serve as an example.

Good or bad.

But the good should be present in all things, especially when out with 'the boys'.

Boys learn from men & there are way too many bad examples of 'men' present in the world already.

This thread is open to all genders & all ages?

If a 13 year old boy joins up here & reads all the sexual innuendo & comments in this thread & then goes out & sees a girl he is attracted to, do you think many of the comments about women here will fill him with respect for the girl he sees?

Will he follow the negative examples of some of the men here based on their comments about women above?

I hope not for his sake & even more so for the girls sake.

So can any one of us change the world by ourselves?

No.

But we can each start by changing what we do, what we say & we can hope others do the same.

It has to start somewhere.

Last edited:

It truly is a problem.

If the 'men' in these boys lives think this type of behavior is OK, then what can you expect the boys that look up to them to do?

Good or bad.

But the good should be present in all things, especially when out with 'the boys'.

Boys learn from men & there are way too many bad examples of 'men' present in the world already.

If a 13 year old boy joins up here & reads all the sexual innuendo & comments in this thread & then goes out & sees a girl he is attracted to, do you think many of the comments about women here will fill him with respect for the girl he sees?

Will he follow the negative examples of some of the men here based on their comments about women above?

No.

But we can each start by changing what we do, what we say & we can hope others do the same.

Not disagreeing but I would like to point out that things have gotten much better in those areas in here over the last several months.

Yet, there are examples of this type of bad behavior posted very recently, even today.

It is sad, it truly is.

It truly is a problem.

Good or bad.

No.

Honestly and without reservation...at the end of this long day...I don’t give a **** what you think.

Stop pretending to be the savior of womankind. You aren’t. Even my wife calls bullshit on your words. Reality is far more complex that what you pretend it is. Sexuality exists...and will always be a part of the adult conversation, sometimes serious and sometimes in jest on both sides of the equation.

The difference is when people take the sexuality part into the realm of violence and oppression...and make it real.

Words aren’t the enemy...actions are.

Yet, there are examples of this type of bad behavior posted very recently, even today.

It is sad, it truly is.
I never said it had stopped entirely. But if you think this little thread is going to promote or discourage anything, you're giving the posters here far too much credit

Well, sarcasm aside. I'm gonna say one last thing. I will stop laughing at sex jokes the moment fashion designers stop designing revealing clothing especially for toddlers.

Been out shopping for a Halloween costume for my 4 yr old daughter... they sell a "slutty nurse" costume in size down to 1 yr old!! That's disturbing. And every costume for a woman is tight and short. Yet women buy them and wear them.

Well, sarcasm aside. I'm gonna say one last thing. I will stop laughing at sex jokes the moment fashion designers stop designing revealing clothing especially for toddlers.

Been out shopping for a Halloween costume for my 4 yr old daughter... they sell a "slutty nurse" costume in size down to 1 yr old!! That's disturbing. And every costume for a woman is tight and short. Yet women buy them and wear them.
Control and perspective on sexuality is entirely up to parents to teach. What others think has no bearing on what Parents choose to do.

There cannot be a univeral imposition on speech or thought for all or else we ignore the basis on which this country was founded.

Words, speech and thoughts are free...actions become a matter of law and punishment.

The founding fathers knew the difference and established this country to hold true to the difference...lest we become what they fled. Just another Imperial dictatorship of self-righteousness intended to remake mankind in its own image.

Remember the reasons...and be true to them to hold what they have established and defend it...at all costs.

Evil gnaws at the edges, often dressed in righteousness...pretending to to be saviors with a better way.

But they are not.

The concept is true, the false interpretations are not...despite their insistence.

Last edited:
Chris, This will be an ongoing debate - I don't mean in this thread - I mean in general. There are places and times things are appropriate, and social mores change over time. What we call revealing is only part of it. If it is so percieved, then the real discussion is that some see it as demeaning, others empowering, and so forth.
This generation sees things differently than I did, and apparently you. What you find humorous shouldn't be tied to any of that. Whether you feel its appropriate to offer such humor will hopefully be influenced on the setting and the people, and how they dress would be a minor cue taken in context with the rest.
Try not to tie the two together - that's my point.

Well for all you who keep track of first/last whatever...Here on the east coast it's past midnight so I will be the FIRST to put up a ta ta Tuesday coffee pic today.

107D3141-3D1E-4E87-9A12-E5EF570C8CD6.jpeg

2nd. Good Morning everyone. Glad to hear it was what it was and not much more serious or violent Dave. It sounds like it is being handled well, but keep a close eye on it and your daughter. I hope all goes well. As for the rest of what took place tonight, glad I missed it.

I'm OK, Just got diagnosed with stage 3 Kidney Disease last week. I guess thats my 55 th Birthday present early. Not much work right now, trying to line up a new contract. I miss my Duster terribly. I probably will never be able to get another car. I cannot even go to car shows anymore, it's too depressing.

View attachment 1715235901

Sorry to hear that...

Good Morning Rainy. How are things in the wee hours of the AM?

Hi Rani, I'm catching up... Only one more page to go...

Good Morning Kuda. See, I catch up on what is missed then typically miss out on being first.

Gotta leave for work now. Take care all.

-
Back