Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yay more engine parts in the mail.

I had forgot about the freeze plugs and some other odds and bits..... and extras they talked me into. They even threw in a free fender cover.

Summit racing rocks. Great customer service.
I called them up and got a guy operator and he didn't question what I wanted. ..... he was like "how many do you want" that never happens locally.

Locally they are like "maybe you should have a mechanic look at it" ......I am a mechanic...***

Yay more engine parts in the mail.

I had forgot about the freeze plugs and some other odds and bits..... and extras they talked me into. They even threw in a free fender cover.

Summit racing rocks. Great customer service.
I called them up and got a guy operator and he didn't question what I wanted. ..... he was like "how many do you want" that never happens locally.

Locally they are like "maybe you should have a mechanic look at it" ......I am a mechanic...***
Good for you.. Ain't it nice when things work out like they should? And you get something extra for free!!

Cutting up a snowblower.
My plasma cutter is a pos.
Dont buy longevity. Do buy hypertherm...
I have had it for a while but rarely use it. If you drag the tip it sticks.
Then pull it and arc goes out.
I guess if i had real steady hands it would do, but i tell ya,
The hypertherm cuts circles around this one.

Cutting up a snowblower.
My plasma cutter is a pos.
Dont buy longevity. Do buy hypertherm...
I have had it for a while but rarely use it. If you drag the tip it sticks.
Then pull it and arc goes out.
I guess if i had real steady hands it would do, but i tell ya,
The hypertherm cuts circles around this one.
Khong hieu no....Xin Loi

Just worked on my wood chipper a little. Did not want to stay running and finally died last time I used it. Pulled carb off and cleaned a little bit of dirt out of the bowl. Got some cleaner through it and seems to run good now. Will find out, want to take down a small maple in my front yard soon. At least its a cheap fix if it still has problems. I see several places with the carb for sale online under $15. The dang air filter costs at least half that. :wtf:
Think I need to do same with my mower. It's been temperamental starting lately and its definitely a fuel issue...
Every time I went to use the sno-throw I'd have to spray some cleaner through the carb. PIA opening it up to do that each time.
A few years ago ran VP or Sunoco race fuel in it. No more problems. Try to do the same with the nieghbors leaf shredder chipper, but run the cheap seasonal stuff until it looks like we're about done. No point in wasting expensive fuel. Use the good the good stuff for storage. Doesn't turn the rubber lines to goo either.

Every time I went to use the sno-throw I'd have to spray some cleaner through the carb. PIA opening it up to do that each time.
A few years ago ran VP or Sunoco race fuel in it. No more problems. Try to do the same with the nieghbors leaf shredder chipper, but run the cheap seasonal stuff until it looks like we're about done. No point in wasting expensive fuel. Use the good the good stuff for storage. Doesn't turn the rubber lines to goo either.
I suspect a lot of it is from running on corn juice. No big deal if I gotta clean it if it works for a while now. As said, the carb is cheap to replace. So not worth dumping a lot of additives through it either. I'm sure the carb on riding mower is a bit more $. I'm going to try running Seafoam through that.

A couple pork shops on the smoker and a toddy not too far away. The wine and spirits store a few blocks away is having a open house tonight. I think I'll go for samples!

FDFACC88-4B77-44D6-AAE4-E42DDE3CF9AB.jpeg
All i had was 1/8x4” flat stock. A couple tappy tap taps with the 4 lb hammer gives it some curve.
Should last another 15 years.
Owner is thrilled. Hes been stopping in to remind me theres no rush...:rofl:

And that is all she wrote.
Into the house for dinner.

Anyone ever had an entire exhaust manifold, factory installed for 10 years, suddenly fall off with no warning, missing all 12 bolts and both studs...

Anyone ever had an entire exhaust manifold, factory installed for 10 years, suddenly fall off with no warning, missing all 12 bolts and both studs...
They all break or rattle out?
I have seen a couple studs that have loosened and fall out.
So its been leaking for a while,huh?

They all break or rattle out?
I have seen a couple studs that have loosened and fall out.
So its been leaking for a while,huh?
No. Not broken off. No evidence of a leak around the manifold. In my experience, leaking exhaust manifolds, there's usually soot somewhere around the leak, there is none. And I'd just done my spark plugs 3 weeks ago. I'd noticed that many bolts missing. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear someone removed them. Being a jeep, anyone could open the hood at any time.

Would be easier to buy new bolts. What engine?

And after a couple minutes reading, it’s a Jeep thing...

-
Back