Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have a 'no pay ' buyer right now. Auction closed just after Thanksgiving. Great big sorry story... said would take care of it by yesterday. Just sent final time, pay by noon tomorrow. :BangHead:
Geez! I said I'm sorry! and I'll pay you by noon tomorrow.. Geez!

They are playing games with the Sun machine...

When my son first called them they said "Come pick it up anytime...."

Then they call 3 minutes later saying, "The owner took the machine somewhere..."

Now they are saying, "we are sorry there has been an incident and the tester is no longer available, we will refund your money...."

His money has not been refunded, but we want the machine not the money...

I bet they will try to list it again for a higher price...

What do you all think about this???? @halifaxhops
Notify eBay and file a claim with PayPal. Also reply with the federal deadbeat seller/mail fraud letter. I can send to you if need be

Karl that's BS on the Sun machine. I agree notify EBAY, they don't put up with that crap.

We went there to pick up the machine and the one guy kept trying to tell us that something happened to it... It got damaged... We asked what got damaged, maybe we can fix it??? He kept dancing around...

We let them know that we weren't buying that story and another guy who had been listening to the conversation behind the desk finally came clean and said that it wasn't supposed to be listed and it belonged to another person... So the guy listing it was not the owner of the machine and didn't have the right to sell it...

He told us that they had two in the back and he would show them to us, so we played along and went for the 'tour'... He showed us a smaller one that was just an oscilloscope and gas analyzer, but the gas analyzer isn't working according to him....

Then he showed us the other one that was listed on ebay and it was in the same condition as the pictures on ebay - no further damage....

The guy (Frank) who was showing us around said that the smaller one a Sleuth Two model was his and gave us a price which seemed reasonable... We plugged it in and it lit up and seemed to be in working condition, so we bought that one....

Here it is when we got it home....

DSC09379 B.JPG

DSC09382 B.JPG

DSC09368 B.JPG

DSC09370 B.JPG

DSC09374 B.JPG

DSC09389 B.JPG

DSC09393 B.JPG

DSC09391 B.JPG

@halifaxhops

Last edited:
At least the trip was not wasted. That one looks good, Karl..

Yeah, i think we ended up ok... A good working oscilloscope is what I really need to help tune my cars... Now I just have to research how to use the oscilloscope to read the patterns and interpret them...

I spoke to my local police chief that I got to know from the whole bad neighbor episode and he told us that we could go and try to pick it up, if they didn't give it to us we can call the local police there who can document they refuse to give it to us and then we can use that to pursue in civil court if it goes that far... The police cannot make them hand it over, but can help us document the facts for a civil case...

However I am ok with the machine that we bought... If it works, that is good enough to help me tune... The oscilloscope can really help fine tune a car...

I think we ended up ok and it's not worth pursuing as long as they follow through with refunding my son through ebay...

My son mentioned that he still wants to pursue it / and or let ebay know, but that's his call...

Last edited:
Yeah, i think we ended up ok... A good working oscilloscope is what I really need to help tune my cars... Now I just have to research how to use the oscilloscope and read the patterns and interpret them...

I spoke to my local police chief that I got to know from the whole bad neighbor episode and he told us that we could go and try to pick it up, if they didn't give it to us we can call the local police there who can document they refuse to give it to us and then we can use that to pursue in civil court if it goes that far... The police cannot make them hand it over, but can help us document the facts for a civil case...

However I am ok with the machine that we bought... If it works, that is good enough to help tune... The oscilloscope can really help fine tune a car...

I think we ended up ok and it's not worth pursuing as long as they follow through with refunding my son through ebay...

My son mentioned that he still wants to pursue it / and or let ebay know, but that's his call...
Definitely let eBay know. Leave negative feedback as well

Had some time today, after attending a funeral. Got my shop Christmas Tree up,and trimmed. Have a bunch more car,truck,bike ornaments, just don't have room on my Charlie Brown Tree...
1207181609b.jpg
1207181609c.jpg
1207181609a.jpg
1207181609.jpg

-
Back