Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
She aint pretty, she just looks that way....
4CCD64F8-87A3-47FA-9DC4-0F8AC8F00ACE.jpeg
thank the lord for body filler....

Got my fenderwell headers placed in. Love the look. But also found I have almost no clearance for the hot stud for the mini starter to block. Also the wire would have to be put on before the starter is installed to be able to tighten the nut.

20181207_144619.jpg

20181207_162722.jpg

Got my fenderwell headers placed in. Love the look. But also found I have almost no clearance for the hot stud for the mini starter to block. Also the wire would have to be put on before the starter is installed to be able to tighten the nut.

View attachment 1715258901

View attachment 1715258902

IIRC there's a couple of versions of that starter with different clockings.
Thinking I saw posts on here about a terminal kit for that

Thanks I was just reading a couple posts. Looks like a cold trip to the local pick a part tomorrow maybe is in order. Some 90's trucks, dakotas, durangos, etc may have them installed.

Well, this colorized image nearly kicked my ***...but I got it done!

Before

4100B44D-A9B1-4160-BFBE-5196E24CE6D6.jpeg

After

2CB12E53-7F8B-4984-B48E-A3D22D8E6079.jpeg

It’s an interesting experience colorizing those old photographs. I have to dive deep into every square millimeter and decide what colors it should be painted. It pulls me in to the neighborhood and the time era and I get to examine every detail of what people were doing at the moment the photo was taken back then...and then use color to bring them back to life.

In this case, it was San Antonio Texas, 1965.

@Ddaddy
Dave, you really did an outsanding job on the calendars!!
Thanks!
:thumbsup:
Wife really likes it.
Now i have to decide who i want to share the 2nd calendar with.

@Ddaddy
Dave, you really did an outsanding job on the calendars!!
Thanks!
:thumbsup:
Wife really likes it.
Now i have to decide who i want to share the 2nd calendar with.
Thanks! I am really happy with how this year’s calandar turned out. I’m glad they have been such a hit!

And just so everyone knows, I still have a few left if anyone wants them.

The only description I left out of that image is that the lead car ahead of the trucks is the official pace car for both NASCAR and Indy for 1965.

Dave, you must have quite a large computer monitor to identify so many details.

Dave, you must have quite a large computer monitor to identify so many details.
It’s not particularly big, I use Photoshop to zoom in on the details down to the pixel without distortion.

The monitor is only 12” x 20”.

Image quality is paramount. Small images or the low res images this site hosts are mostly crap quality and the pixel distortion is just too much noise to be able to work with.

I have learned a few tricks to overcome some of it, but it’s also why I request large format images emailed to me when doing artwork on request.

With low quality images, I have to go through at least a half dozen steps just to make the image workable.

So I open the net to look at the VAFB launch schedule because something in the back of my head says "early December launch SLC6". On the front page there is an article from the newspaper in the neighboring village "Launch Postponed". The Delta IV with 2 SRBs was scheduled for tonight at 8. That one is supposed to launch off my concrete at SLC6 that I made or placed 36 years ago. Tomorrow night 8:06pm PST is the new launch time and the weather looks good. That Delta with 2 boosters should be quite a sight. :eek::eek::eek:

Wife booked a cruise.
Leaving/returning at port canaveral. 2020 staying day before and after

Shitfaced at my best friends Irish Pub's Ugly Sweater party with Ian Gould singing...

Omarros ugly sweater 2018.jpg

Second....

Imagine experiencing take off with the afterburners like this pilot describes...

-
Back