Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Awesome David!!

If it were my car, I would get dual exhaust, a 4 bbl intake and carb, electronic ignition, and toss in a double roller timing chain (the stock single chains are junk) and drive the crap out of it... A dual port dual plane offy would be great on that car, nice low end and good fuel economy....

Screw that give it the POPMOBILE treatment. No one would get in front of us EVER!

Gongrats David glad you pulled the trigger.

You also Ranibo! Scared of critters! LOL

Good Morning Tbone. Can someone tell me why after a year of retirement I'm still getting up at 4am?

you know - Dave's new Fury - I would change the shocks and put some new wheels and tires on it and drive... it's a bit of a survivor car, I wouldn't go changing a whole lot..

Good Morning Tbone. Can someone tell me why after a year of retirement I'm still getting up at 4am?
Took me about five years to get used to retirement. Crazy... Always feeling like I should be doing whatever I wasn't...

you know - Dave's new Fury - I would change the shocks and put some new wheels and tires on it and drive... it's a bit of a survivor car, I wouldn't go changing a whole lot..
Seriously the same here. Rubber all of it hoses, brake lines etc. All fluids changed and the basic maintenance and leave it alone. Looks like a great car!

Well the chicks should show up around 1800 or so. Should be back by then after dropping the wife off!:rofl:

I am going to meet him at a restaurant on the way home. I will need a stop anyhow. Good time I am sure.

Back in the Mopar game!

In retrospect, it all went smooth. Took me a while to find the house, way at the top of a lookout. The kid wasn't there, so I dealt with his Mom who was nice but a real drill sergeant, heck no she wasn't afraid of a stranger showing up at her house. Aside from some scale in the trunk, the Fury has no rust....bottom of doors, edge of hood, trunk lid, none! It has a vacuum leak so I was getting anxious driving in small-town traffic but once I hit 75 it was a smooth ride. It drives with one finger, it has that cool floating quality but it doesn't wander and doesn't have any rattles either. The new carpet is OEM and the interior has no rips, the kick panels are in the trunk though. Tomorrow the Fury will get a quick bath then my friend Mr. Davis will put it on his lift and check it over. I like the 360. The drive was easy and the car drew several admirers when I stopped. I left my camera at home!! So here's the first pics, sorry you can't see much. Thanks guys for your encouragement, it helped.

View attachment 1714958959

View attachment 1714958960

View attachment 1714958961

Oh hell yea Dave :thumbsup: I had a 71 back about 20 years ago ( the same color) but it was a 383 2barrel car, it came off an USAF base and it drove and handled like a new one, my boys drove it when they was learning to enjoy a car at there age and drive it (13 and 14) we would hit the gravel roads and enjoy some fishing in creeks.. the good ol days for sure.. Congratulations :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Get some "good" coffe and mix it makes the cheap taste good! I do it with cheap coffee and Kona, works great!

-
Back