Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Chris you should look on craigslist for a Foley Belsaw 1055, I have one it does all chains and pretty much anything that needs sharpening on a farm, great if you can find one with the attachments for the right price say under 200 here.
Ours is an older one, had it for decades, I don't recall what brand it is.

I use my Dremel to sharpen. Filing is good for a quick touch-up, but too much like work if really dull. Often that is because I got into dirt or worse. Cut something at work last week and hit a bolt...:BangHead:. I usually have files and an extra chain with me if I am not going to have electric available. I probably take more metal off than needed with the Dremel, so uses up the chain a little quicker. But I hate working with a dull chain.

Me too, you can sharpen one with a chain saw file in 5 minutes or less and be on your way again...

Oh, and learn not to hit the dirt with it... Prop up your work with another log so you don't hit the ground when you break through on your cut...

Oh, and learn not to hit the dirt with it... Prop up your work with another log so you don't hit the ground when you break through on your cut...
Well, no **** Sherlock. lol.
But 30inch oak logs don't come off the ground so easy. :eek: I do try to cut sections where there is a space under and then roll it to cut the rest when possible. Thought I had plenty of clearance on one a few weeks ago and there was a rock sticking up under the center. :wtf: One touch and instantly dull.:BangHead:

Last edited:
Me too, you can sharpen one with a chain saw file in 5 minutes or less and be on your way again...

When did Scampy show up?

Enjoyed a delicious breakfast, Bacon, French toast and fresh pineapple. Guess I ought to start doing something soon...

Does anybody have a spare windshield wiper knob or two???

we can't find the one for the kid's 71 Valiant... :BangHead:

(I said knob....)

Does anybody have a spare windshield wiper knob or two???

we can't find the one for the kid's 71 Valiant... :BangHead:

(I said knob....)
If you're not requiring show quality, yes I should. The bigger question gonna be can I find where I put them

-
Back