Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ray... Those are GM points in those Dizzys. I have not seen one with the plate above. One can only assume that its purpose is to lend stability to the Shaft...

I just changed them same as the accel ones, same thought here and the brass plate? Just thinking racing?

Ray... Those are GM points in those Dizzys. I have not seen one with the plate above. One can only assume that its purpose is to lend stability to the Shaft...
It does have a built in needle bearing roller, really cannot get the curve past 12 without taking a stop screw out that the other one does not have, just wondering is it supposed to be like that? It is the redheaded step child of the batch, but then again I am a redheaded step child!:rofl:

Yup... I figure ,, if he knows that...he can get the GM's cheaper, when he needs em..
Yep, for the street we used stock points. Weaker spring but less wear on the dist cam. Plenty good for the street and easy to adjust. The housing was bigger though. They wouldn't work with most Mopar big blocks

Got to keep the costs down no idea what I will get for them. Figure as long as they are quality who cares. I just actually scored a 10 pack of nos mopar points on e bay for 2 a set now that is a score!

s-l1600.jpg

You are killing my computer with those pictures. Remember I live out in the Boonies with DSL. I will lurk later.

The Ch14xv points are the standard Mopar points. They fetch $9 each at Summit.

Cool, It is appreciated. Hey TMM you go into shops that have been around for a while still? Looking for some more Buss Fuse boxes, empties are fine.

I use my Dremel to sharpen. Filing is good for a quick touch-up, but too much like work if really dull. Often that is because I got into dirt or worse. Cut something at work last week and hit a bolt...:BangHead:. I usually have files and an extra chain with me if I am not going to have electric available. I probably take more metal off than needed with the Dremel, so uses up the chain a little quicker. But I hate working with a dull chain.

We have a chain saw sharpener, not very expensive and we can sharpen a chain several times before it ends up junk

The Ch14xv points are the standard Mopar points. They fetch $9 each at Summit.
I have it watched, do not know if I will pull the trigger or not, really have to see the demand on testing units out is, prob kick myself in the arse if I do not do it.

We have a chain saw sharpener, not very expensive and we can sharpen a chain several times before it ends up junk
Chris you should look on craigslist for a Foley Belsaw 1055, I have one it does all chains and pretty much anything that needs sharpening on a farm, great if you can find one with the attachments for the right price say under 200 here.

-
Back