Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
And, Im all caught up....Got some extra points this morning. My Pastor called , said he thinks his battery is bad in his 2011 Camry. Said he jumped it, but it wouldn't drive over 10mph. So i grab some tools and head over to his house. 550 amp battery only shows 210amps under load tester. So I get my supplier to deliver a new battery to me, at his house. Install battery. Check engine light is on. Scan. code p2118 TAC circuit malfunction...WTF ??? Start car , engine won't rev over 1800, so must be in limp mode. Dunno, so I Google code. Ahhhh, says if jumper cables are connected wrong or low quality, it blows the ETCS fuse...Sure enough 10 amp mini fuse, blown. Change fuse...All Ok....Parts only...No Labor....The Pastor Loves me...:thumbsup:

Did you get your calendars? Tracking says they were delivered.

I can run out and check the mail but havent seen them. I bought a driveshaft from another member and it has taken 5 days to go from Murfreesboro to Nashville! Was supposed to be delivered on Thursday and still many states away.

And, Im all caught up....Got some extra points this morning. My Pastor called , said he thinks his battery is bad in his 2011 Camry. Said he jumped it, but it wouldn't drive over 10mph. So i grab some tools and head over to his house. 550 amp battery only shows 210amps under load tester. So I get my supplier to deliver a new battery to me, at his house. Install battery. Check engine light is on. Scan. code p2118 TAC circuit malfunction...WTF ??? Start car , engine won't rev over 1800, so must be in limp mode. Dunno, so I Google code. Ahhhh, says if jumper cables are connected wrong or low quality, it blows the ETCS fuse...Sure enough 10 amp mini fuse, blown. Change fuse...All Ok....Parts only...No Labor....The Pastor Loves me...:thumbsup:
Notice how there was no mention of big flash when trying to boost...

Parts store where i used to work, manager sent delivery guy outside to install a battery he sold. Delivery guy hook it up backwards. Big problems. Store had to pay for repairs.
Manager wanted delivery guy fired over it. I stepped in,was manager’s sale,manager was a licensed mechanic,we never installed a battery before and you should know better. If anybody should get fired it should be your lazy *** down the road...
After i left, manager pretty much ran the place into the ground.

My buddy bought it, and its thriving within 2 years.

I can run out and check the mail but havent seen them. I bought a driveshaft from another member and it has taken 5 days to go from Murfreesboro to Nashville! Was supposed to be delivered on Thursday and still many states away.
The tracking has been wacky this year. I can’t trust it until people actually confirm receipt.

The tracking has been wacky this year. I can’t trust it until people actually confirm receipt.
You aint seen nothin yet. Wait until canada post gets their hands on my parcel.

All the electronic conveniences can't fix stupid. People still have to scan, enter, etc. We got oil delivered recently and the guy parked out on the road and was ready to drag the hose all the way up over the front lawn. He can get within 8 ft if he backs in the driveway. And the bigger issue, we are on a very busy road. When anyone is here I tell them drive in my grass if needed, its not safe to back out into the road (state rt 74). So I tell him get his rig in off the road as traffic is backing up. He is obviously confused. Tells me the instructions on our account say 'park on street' . If anything we would have told them DO NOT park on street. He said he would get them to change it in the computer...

Weather's lookin' good out there right now, but that darn jet stream is comin' right at us and there is rain to the NW of us hours away. Already met our predicted 59 high, about 1pm should be a steamy 63 or 64 :lol:

Did you get your calendars? Tracking says they were delivered.

Didnt get them yesterday and just got mail from today. Nothing. I did get a Barnes and Noble box for my neighbor though....freaking jackasses...

Didnt get them yesterday and just got mail from today. Nothing. I did get a Barnes and Noble box for my neighbor though....freaking jackasses...
This is what the tracker shows...

November 30, 2018, 6:29 pm
Delivered, Garage or Other Location at Address
OSHKOSH, WI 54904
Your item was delivered to the garage or an alternate location at the address at 6:29 pm on November 30, 2018 in OSHKOSH, WI 54904.

Does that mean anything to you?

This is what the tracker shows...

November 30, 2018, 6:29 pm
Delivered, Garage or Other Location at Address
OSHKOSH, WI 54904
Your item was delivered to the garage or an alternate location at the address at 6:29 pm on November 30, 2018 in OSHKOSH, WI 54904.

I have no idea. Looked at the front door, grave doors, shop, etc...nothing. I will keep you posted if a neighbor got it.

Mounted plow lights and wired them in.
A couple relays for high/low beams and a trailer plug to disconnect. Relays are powered with park lamps and a toggle to activate. Works as anticipated.

Mounted plow lights and wired them in.
A couple relays for high/low beams and a trailer plug to disconnect. Relays are powered with park lamps and a toggle to activate. Works as anticipated.
Sounds like a plan. Never understood relays for years. They work well.

Wow a friend just stopped by with a box of NOS Mopar ignition stuff, no charge just a beer!
Score?

Some light reading... a few friends have said this is one of their favorite (hilarious) moments in my book.

72F12512-861A-438D-9143-17DBB4F3D1F8.jpeg

B70757F3-CBED-422A-A3E9-442163BE61C1.jpeg

CB0D1C6B-ECFB-4B92-8403-0DA5B278C2A3.jpeg

Sounds like a plan. Never understood relays for years. They work well.
Relays. Have used them for years. Toughest one i had to figure was a latching one. Was for a lockup torque convertor. Cruising speed,hit button and it stays on until brakes applied.

When you take your neighbors package over, maybe you can trade it for your calendars. Or check around their garage...

Did that. One neighbor said he wished I didnt ask cuz they look great hanging up in the basement. They are all keeping an eye out

-
Back