Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well all ready to go to Washington in the morning last thing to do in the morning is make a cot a poffee to wake up to, and drive. { pot of coffee} Drank to much beer too soon. lol

@slantsixdan and others have posted that Canadian built cars used direct drive starters and IIRC generators into 1966 model year.

DC generator was standard equipment on '60-'62 Canadian-built Slant-6 cars, with alternator optional equipment. Alternator standard equipment from '63 on.

No real problem with the manifold-side generator mount on the '60 cars, but you should see (no you shouldn't) the distributor-side DC generator on the '61-'62 cars. Change the front three spark plugs? LOLnope, not without moving the generator out the way. This standard-equipment-generator thing makes no sense from a functional standpoint; Canada's winters would have made an alternator all that much more beneficial versus a generator. FWIU it was a business-related reason; Chrysler Canada had a contract with Auto-Lite (Prestolite) to supply a certain quantity of generators, so they "used up" that contract by making alternators optional.

Well, it will need warmed up by the time we get to it!
If my wife doesn’t throw it at me first. she’s beyond pissed right now.

so quick story, my grandfather bought a gooseneck camper back in 2005. He used it for a few years before my grandmother’s dementia kicked in hard. Afterwards, he let us use it with the kids and we stocked it full of cast iron stuff. Well sometime between the last time we used it in 2020 and his estate auction in 2021, when we cleaned our stuff out of it, it sprung a leak and all that cast iron got wet and rusted. Bad. We tried to wire wheel it and reseason it but nothing worked to get that deep of rust off. So my wife wanted to send it to the local sandblasting shop, who was very hesitant about doing food grade cast iron and really suggested we try to recondition it another way. Anyway, today I went and got a couple gallons of white vinegar. I soaked it all in our big kitchen sink for about 4 hours. Then I scrubbed it with steel wool and reseasoned it. While not perfect, it’s a LOT better off. I’ll repeat this process again as I think about 4-6 hours of soaking the worst pot will be like new

but it made the house stink of burnt oil and vinegar… a day after she deep cleaned lol

The before vs the after of the worst of the lot. I’ll soak and try again to get the rest. Then bake it longer

075C57D5-0D9E-4EDA-8B72-3BADC88F4424.jpeg

08AE94B4-FE29-4DDD-8993-610BF3F61809.jpeg

DC generator was standard equipment on '60-'62 Canadian-built Slant-6 cars, with alternator optional equipment. Alternator standard equipment from '63 on.

No real problem with the manifold-side generator mount on the '60 cars, but you should see (no you shouldn't) the distributor-side DC generator on the '61-'62 cars. Change the front three spark plugs? LOLnope, not without moving the generator out the way. This standard-equipment-generator thing makes no sense from a functional standpoint; Canada's winters would have made an alternator all that much more beneficial versus a generator. FWIU it was a business-related reason; Chrysler Canada had a contract with Auto-Lite (Prestolite) to supply a certain quantity of generators, so they "used up" that contract by making alternators optional.

Love that history nugget .. thank you

Sand blast and reseason. You can always re sand with a die grinder a 3 m sanding discs.
Ain’t got one and the blast shop locally is hesitant to blast it cause of the type of blasting they do. I’m not driving it two hours to the next shop.

it would be good to figure out now, rather than when something goes bonkers.
The extra sensors not such a big deal.
The relay and connections at the bulkhead - I too would want to know whats going on there.
Shouldn't need a relay to power a ECU or the alternator field although some guys do it .

Think I have it figured out.. there was a bundle of documents and receipts that came with the car. One item was an install guide for a pusher fan that is no longer there... would make sense that an additional water temp sender and relay would be part of that install..

Think I have it figured out.. there was a bundle of documents and receipts that came with the car. One item was an install guide for a pusher fan that is no longer there... would make sense that an additional water temp sender and relay would be part of that install..
Get er done Sherlock!
upload_2022-8-21_22-11-26.jpeg

Early wake up here for sure. Operation Rent a Billy went great he gets curves. Had him do a few after I showed him how. I need one of these shirts!
DSC01303.JPG
DSC01304.JPG

Good morning everyone. Back to working at work today. Tine will tell how my knee does for a full day. I can and have done a few hours, but I think it will be ok. Knee was swollen yesterday after kneeling on it while digging some gloves off the floor if the back seat in the truck.

-
Back