Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I don't really need this but it seems like a pretty good deal

View attachment 1716146247
I use a Makita version, I can give you a part number if you want as it is easily one of my most used tools in the box. I use it for everything. I also have the needle version as pictured above but my Makita electric with 3/4 wide belt gets used for everything.

Well good morning all y’all. Put up some pages for sure while I was out playing the helpless husband. Jodi has been a Saint. When I was in pre op and the anesthesiologist approached me with the four ft long needle to jab in my neck I knew I was in for a ride. He told me I might want to be very still and look away. He used a sonagram machine to stab me in the nerve bundle. It was eErie watching him guide needle in via the screen. But holy smokes when they say it is a nerve block they be serious. It lasted almost thirty hours. Arm was lifeless. But when it wore off…. Morphine and oxy could barely keep it palatable. Today is my first narcotic free day and I am liking it. Not really sure what the attraction is to oxy as it just made me go to sleep? Getting ready to head off to first official PT session. If anyone is curious getting a total shoulder replacement is a no fun event. But honestly I think I have less pain today than prior to surgery. So all good. Surgeon did tell me in no uncertain terms I got my moneys worth out of the original parts! He explained no real traumatic evidence of major injury just fundamentally flat wore out! Basically gone. Heck I could have told him that for free!
Hay Now !!! Glad all went well and I am totally happy to see you post this morning cousin, now let's figure out how you are going to deal with the new orders from your PT doctor, hope she/he gets it that we are all stubborn headed and think we are superman, you holler anytime if you just want to gab a bit.
Wait, I forgot to ask how many nurses have your finger prints on them :lol:

Good to see you back John and glad things seem to have gone pretty smoothly.

P.T. = Physical Terrorists

I wonder if the rehab from full replacement is almost easier? I had to do a lot of work to just break down scar tissue before getting to range of motion and strength. Interested in hearing how it goes.
So here is my thoughts on that as I clearly have a lot of time to think. I am basing it on 1/2 dozen knee surgeries plus total knee replacement. And our boys experience (also infantry) with shoulder reconstruction. Vs my total shoulder replacement. To be sure I am not a Doctor and have no experience in the field! My opinion, the total replacement on shoulder has a much better rate of success due to the extensive damage they are trying to repair on reconstructive surgery. In essence they cut my pec and my bicep off and relocated the attachment to living material. Our boys surgery while similar, had to fight all the damage scar tissue etc for attachments. They threw all my junk away so you get a clean slate if you will. He had to “work around” all the junk parts. Mine is all new titanium! Short term his surgery has better recovery velocity, but long term, replacement for the win! I just have to be cognizant of the muscle being stronger than the attachment during healing. Once they catch up I think it far out paces the reconstruction surgery. Just will take me a bit longer! But Woo Hoo can’t wait to use it again.
in my best Steve Austin voice: Nananananananana

Hay Now !!! Glad all went well and I am totally happy to see you post this morning cousin, now let's figure out how you are going to deal with the new orders from your PT doctor, hope she/he gets it that we are all stubborn headed and think we are superman, you holler anytime if you just want to gab a bit.
Wait, I forgot to ask how many nurses have your finger prints on them :lol:
I had one nurse on night shift who was smoking. She was also French so I got to practice my French! I think she was from Algiers? But keep in mind she was the one giving me morphine! I could have been bantering in German instead of French? Like Mitch I have a pretty good conversation grasp of several languages! Show me a Marine that can’t order food beer and a woman in at least four languages and I will show you a Marine that never went anywhere!

So here is my thoughts on that as I clearly have a lot of time to think. I am basing it on 1/2 dozen knee surgeries plus total knee replacement. And our boys experience (also infantry) with shoulder reconstruction. Vs my total shoulder replacement. To be sure I am not a Doctor and have no experience in the field! My opinion, the total replacement on shoulder has a much better rate of success due to the extensive damage they are trying to repair on reconstructive surgery. In essence they cut my pec and my bicep off and relocated the attachment to living material. Our boys surgery while similar, had to fight all the damage scar tissue etc for attachments. They threw all my junk away so you get a clean slate if you will. He had to “work around” all the junk parts. Mine is all new titanium! Short term his surgery has better recovery velocity, but long term, replacement for the win! I just have to be cognizant of the muscle being stronger than the attachment during healing. Once they catch up I think it far out paces the reconstruction surgery. Just will take me a bit longer! But Woo Hoo can’t wait to use it again.
in my best Steve Austin voice: Nananananananana

I'm wondering when I hit the limit of this current repair. It sounds like a busted front sway bar with clunks and grinding. But it still works

I had one nurse on night shift who was smoking. She was also French so I got to practice my French! I think she was from Algiers? But keep in mind she was the one giving me morphine! I could have been bantering in German instead of French? Like Mitch I have a pretty good conversation grasp of several languages! Show me a Marine that can’t order food beer and a woman in at least four languages and I will show you a Marine that never went anywhere!

Algerian and French make sense.... A colony for quite a while. Pieds-noirs

I'm wondering when I hit the limit of this current repair. It sounds like a busted front sway bar with clunks and grinding. But it still works
Having the same issue with my left shoulder repair, done 30 yrs ago....Maybe go John's route .....

Yup... I'm at just over 20 years on this one. Sensible weight training and core strength has extended the useful period I believe.
The problem is, I always want to overdo it. Started having pain. Pretty good in the left shoulder about 2 months ago. But I continued to do upper body exercises. Lots of pull-ups. Lots of dips and lots of push-ups. Finally, I realized I need to lay off for a few weeks. Done. No upper body stuff now for a while. But it's still a little sore. Have my annual doctor's appointment soon. I will ask her to have them do an MRI or an x-ray on it to see how it is

The problem is, I always want to overdo it. Started having pain. Pretty good in the left shoulder about 2 months ago. But I continued to do upper body exercises. Lots of pull-ups. Lots of dips and lots of push-ups. Finally, I realized I need to lay off for a few weeks. Done. No upper body stuff now for a while. But it's still a little sore. Have my annual doctor's appointment soon. I will ask her to have them do an MRI or an x-ray on it to see how it is
Yep, that was (my opinion) primary contribution to determining fate of mine. I simply ignored it and powered thru overhead lifts. My compromise was using a Smith machine. But maintained all the dumbbell work. Clearly the thickest dumbbell was center point between the two deltoids!

Brown one, these are the only two I could find short notice

IMG_20230406_092921010_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220404_110604151.jpg

-
Back