Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I am not really trying to be cheap on purpose ...but I am working with stock stuff and my expectations are about stock.
Naw.. i'm cheap :) i just think that way... growing up super broke makes you always worry bout money it seems... if the trans were good when parked and you aren't gonna be racing hard and ****.. i would do gasket and seals.. my trans sat for 48 years and when i took it apart it looked like it was just parked. Unless water got in it, i would try it :)

Amazing this thread is still here, it will turn 10 years old this year. I went back and looked on the first page and I am on it.

Amazing how we change in 10 years. The deleted thread that was here before this thread was a trip but now that is all starting to seem like WAYYYYY long time ago.

Morning everyone, nice day around here today. Should hit 65degrees, good day for some outside honey do's.

:soapbox: Can anything ever be simple? A;No (just rhetorical question)

Determined the mini starter quick connection is not changeable. So, tried to find a whole cable set online. No luck on that. Even if I found one with the connector, I don't know if length would be right. Plus, prices on new battery cables are ridiculous. Definitely a yard run if I decide I still need it. Just too much going on right now to do that or would have done that for starter in the first place. Found a used pigtail from a Neon on ebag. Uses a different starter, but best I can tell, same solenoid connector. If weather cooperates, I will bolt it in Sunday and at least see if the big cable is going to reach since it probably is a different position. Plus, I might lose a little if I have to put a new lug on it.

:soapbox: Can anything ever be simple? A;No (just rhetorical question)

Determined the mini starter quick connection is not changeable. So, tried to find a whole cable set online. No luck on that. Even if I found one with the connector, I don't know if length would be right. Plus, prices on new battery cables are ridiculous. Definitely a yard run if I decide I still need it. Just too much going on right now to do that or would have done that for starter in the first place. Found a used pigtail from a Neon on ebag. Uses a different starter, but best I can tell, same solenoid connector. If weather cooperates, I will bolt it in Sunday and at least see if the big cable is going to reach since it probably is a different position. Plus, I might lose a little if I have to put a new lug on it.
Was that a used starter, i saw the weird connector.. a new mini from rock is $80...

Was that a used starter, i saw the weird connector.. a new mini from rock is $80...
Yes Used. Saw those, but wanted the Chrysler one. Supposed to be a much better piece. Japan made, but at least not China... Till I get the used one in and working, I will likely have more cost than a new one. Not sure why I care since I will probably sell the car soon at a big loss. Pretty much how I built the car so far. Why change now? LOL

Hung fender, working on inner wheelwell to stuff off the heater hsg.
Will have it done in short order. Then fender is supported, battery tray after that. Will likely have to pull fender to replace blower motor, so its getting a new one.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I checked my pile and I have a 3 904 transmissions I can use, which I know are good cores and there wasn't anything wrong with them other than being in parts cars or just not needed.

A 1972 ( I know least about this unit)
1974 out of a valiant I parted and is the numbers matching unit to the engine I am building
or a 1975 out of a running (at the time) 75 dart.

Is there much change over those years and any reason one might be better than another?
@Princess Valiant
I
You should use either the 74 or 75 units , they will have the later planets (steel) and the direct clutch will use more frictions.
All three will work and have part throttle kick down.
Lon

-
Back