Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hali, i need to order a timing light are the Innova ones decent? without getting too expensive...

They are ok I have a ton of non advancing ones if needed. DO NOT BUY A DIALBACK!!!!! They are almost always off. Digital are fine.

They are ok I have a ton of non advancing ones if needed. DO NOT BUY A DIALBACK!!!!! They are almost always off. Digital are fine.

I have a box of brand new like 35 year old dial backs in my basement never opened that i'm sure my dad stole from somewhere... look like cheap **** so don't wanna trust em

Just twist it until it runs right.

When was was younger we would literally have someone brake torque the car and turn it til bad noises happened.. then back off til the noises stopped... it worked but i would like to be an adult now :)

The potentiometers go bad with time and think of a stereo volume that crackles when you move it, same thing really. I like timing tapes or marked dampeners and a old school light. Nothing can be off that way.

When was was younger we would literally have someone brake torque the car and turn it til bad noises happened.. then back off til the noises stopped... it worked but i would like to be an adult now :)
I am guilty of that also. What's kind of funny just yesterday was talking to a guy I curved one for he asked me where to put initial at. He has a ton of mods on his engine basically told him to rev it till he got the sweet spot. Sometimes that is the way to go think he came up around 9

I am guilty of that also. What's kind of funny just yesterday was talking to a guy I curved one for he asked me where to put initial at. He has a ton of mods on his engine basically told him to rev it till he got the sweet spot. Sometimes that is the way to go think he came up around 9
yeah.. i could prolly do it by ear again but being off a bit could be bad for power or whatever... i'm a bit unhappy i was too far advanced when i first tried to start.. i was soo sure i had it dead on this time :( I learned that ministarters do not like a kickback

LOL I broke three noses off on the 440. Crazy it was fine cold starting but warm would kick back, Drove me nuts. Big cam in it. Turned out hot crank for some reason gave the vac advance vacuum and that was the cause. Made a full mechanical one problem solved. Took a long time to figure that out. Now I have a ring gear to change it is shot!

dvertised Duration (Int/Exh): 256/262; Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 213/220; Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .454/.475; LSA/ICL: 112/108; Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd; RPM Range: 1000-5500

I'm just throwing crap at you....time to go

5h1.gif

BTW... you would be the guy to ask.. i see guys running the vacuum advance and others dont... should i bother with my setup... with the 4.57s it will rarely see under 2500rpm

Really depends if you want better milage really. Thats where the vac advance comes in really. Nothing wrong with full mechanical also. Depends what you want out of it.

Really depends if you want better milage really. Thats where the vac advance comes in really. Nothing wrong with full mechanical also. Depends what you want out of it.
Vroom is what i want and i only drive 12 miles a day so gas isn't a worry :)

BTW... you would be the guy to ask.. i see guys running the vacuum advance and others dont... should i bother with my setup... with the 4.57s it will rarely see under 2500rpm
Give me the engine specs fast?

will do it later.. i still have months before i try to drive the thing.... woke up feeling like **** again today.. i think when i play with gas my body gets unhappy.. when i was 20 i could have bathed in it

Light it up driving prob around 38 mechanical with a semi fast curve in it. Lots of ways to achieve that what ign you have now?

If you have the spec sheet shoot me a pic of the bottom specs. I do so many I forget them. Bet it is close.

If you have the spec sheet shoot me a pic of the bottom specs. I do so many I forget them. Bet it is close.

thanks much and i'm at work, will see if i have the sheet when i get home (don't think it came with one but i could be wrong).. It hurts that out of the thousands you have done that you don't remember my special one :)

BTW.. i have customers do that to me all the time.... they come in like we have known each other for 30 years "you did this minor thing for me 5 years ago" and i'm like... uhhhh ok...sure.... have seen 3000 people in that time

-
Back