I push the other valve down
The fluid goes 'round and around
Whoa-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho
And it comes out on the ground.
:rofl: :rofl:

@64 AAR Valiant

Screenshot_20240406_195126_Facebook.jpg

T
K.... trans is perfect... not a mark on any part all the way down to the rear pump.... so.. leaves the converter but why only in second gear and how could this even happen? could the input shaft come forward in second or something weird?
Hey @Icetech
Did your trans have the front dust cover for bell housing on it when it was making noise?
Scraping noise and a clicking sound as rpm goes up in forward ranges is common on Mopar, as rpm increases the flex plate will flex forward and contact dust cover. It starts after 1- 2 shift as scaping going to clicking as it moves with rpm.
Check close on dust cover and back of block for slight witness marks at about convertor bolt circle area. Look close it doesn't take much contact to make a lot of noise.
Just throwing out ideas to help, good flex plate and bolt in sprag are both a good idea (its already out!!).
Lon

View attachment 1716232552View attachment 1716232553

Equipment is cheap. talent is priceless. I have equipment. lol
:rofl: How well I know. I just has to have an electric. Always wanted one. I just play a few 3 cord sets. I like Les Paul's and couldn't afford one. (or should) I found a nice B5 blue Epiphone for a few hundred. I cleaned it, polished the frets, adjusted everything, new strings, sounded great. I haven't had it out if the case for months.

Just had thumb surgery done so now I can hold the pick. Looking forward to getting back into it. Kinda of a Stevie Ray Vaugh/ Erick Clapton vibe. Life begins at 65!

Resized_20170916_083039_1712448354502.jpeg

Resized_20170918_192334_1712448389868.jpeg

T

Hey @Icetech
Did your trans have the front dust cover for bell housing on it when it was making noise?
Scraping noise and a clicking sound as rpm goes up in forward ranges is common on Mopar, as rpm increases the flex plate will flex forward and contact dust cover. It starts after 1- 2 shift as scaping going to clicking as it moves with rpm.
Check close on dust cover and back of block for slight witness marks at about convertor bolt circle area. Look close it doesn't take much contact to make a lot of noise.
Just throwing out ideas to help, good flex plate and bolt in sprag are both a good idea (its already out!!).
Lon
no cover and the noise was at idle on jackstands so no real load on it at all.. i am stumped.. i can't see why the converter would eat itself in second but not reverse or first.. pretty sure it's gonna need to go back though.. will email them monday

Just had thumb surgery done so now I can hold the pick. Looking forward to getting back into it. Kinda of a Stevie Ray Vaugh/ Erick Clapton vibe. Life begins at 65!
I'm there. Watching you tubers let's me know I am hundreds of miles away from being listenable.

I'm there. Watching you tubers let's me know I am hundreds of miles away from being listenable.
As long as you are having fun thats all that matters! We are not all gonna be rock stars but that doesn't matter. We can all contribute to the music!!!! @cosgig

Just trying to keep you guys up to date here on all the adventures in Vietnam. To follow is a few pics of the big community Park by the river where everybody goes to exercise every morning. There are usually, probably 200 people there every morning,at 5:30 am. Every discipline you can imagine. Some are walking, some are running, some have dance class. . some have aerobic class. Some have different Asian fighting disciplines. I have seen a small group with swords doing their thing. I have seen everything here. They also have a birdie that looks similar to what we use for badminton. But they use it in a circle of six or eight people to kick it back and forth off of their feet. It is called Da Cau. Pretty interesting. I've actually met a young woman there that is teaching me that discipline. She is quite amazed at this old man can move that quickly. :thumbsup:

PXL_20240318_230656417.jpg

PXL_20240318_230633704.jpg

PXL_20240318_230717795.jpg

PXL_20240318_230658964.jpg

Rewiring my 29 was a treat with a positive ground and 6 volts I had to rethink everything.
I hear that, we use -48vdc in our telecom equipment, that wouldn't be bad if all we had to do was put black wire to positive but nooooo, if we install equipment in a substation and we don't have our own DC plant we have to wire black, negative ground because that's how the substations crews do it. On top of that we have some equipment that while is 48 volt equipment it's wire colors are reversed from most or all other Telecom equipment (Bayly channel banks- Canadian). What do I do? Multimeter and I check even if I think I know, can't let the smoke out on the equipment, it's very expensive!

Good morning everyone. Supposed to be 57 and sunny here today. I’m heading out fishing. I’ll catch you all later.

-
Back