Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So her friend's house is down this little alleyway as seen in these pics. The tracks are directly on the back side of the house.
PXL_20240422_120132264.jpg
PXL_20240422_120136045.jpg
PXL_20240422_160019574.MP.jpg

No pics from last night's little party. But we did drink a case of beer between eight people, and ate a bunch of food. I got up at 6:00 a.m. which is about 2 hours later than I usually do. Had to go for a walk. Walked down to the corner Cafe and just sat down like I owned the place. Lol. Before I knew it I had four or five Vietnamese men sitting there and wanting to talk to me. They even brought me some breakfast. Pretty funny. wherever I go, they always want to talk to the White Guy...
PXL_20240423_001614867.jpg

So then this morning after they all got up. We stayed at her friend's house. We went out for coffee about 8:00. A.m.. Then we drove around a little bit and went to a restaurant for food. Yep, beer and food at 9:45 a.m. Always an adventure in Vietnam.. :lol:
PXL_20240423_032211468.jpg
PXL_20240423_032228279.jpg

Going up to Mt. Blyn today to look at the radio, been noising up. Have to take a ferry over there and scheduled R/T for 3:30 return, don't want to miss that boat lol!

Going up to Mt. Blyn today to look at the radio, been noising up. Have to take a ferry over there and scheduled R/T for 3:30 return, don't want to miss that boat lol!
Rich, you should see the ferry's they have here. 95% of it is motorbikes and people. Very few cars or trucks. It's interesting to watch. The point of the city there are ferries that travel back and forth across to the island of An Binh. There are actually two ferry's running at the same time crossing each other in the river. They run all day long.

I see a LOT of Tiger and little to no food there Mitch!
Oh, the food is coming. Vietnamese people won't even drink beer until the food is in front of them and they begin to eat. Not like us derelicts in America. We'll get four or five together in a garage and just drink. Lol

Noodles for breakfast, what do they eat? I know Mericans eat a larger breakfast than a lot of countries

Noodles for breakfast, what do they eat? I know Mericans eat a larger breakfast than a lot of countries
It's actually quite a variety. They will eat Pho or Hu Tieu. Which are both a type of noodle soup. Then there is also Com Suong which is thinly grilled pork chops with rice and vegetables. There's also Bo bit tet, which is marinated thin slices of beef with onions and peppers along with french fries and a nice little salad. I also like to go to a local restaurant and eat Bo Ne, which is grilled thin slices of beef with onions also served with a salad and a loaf of French bread. So as you can see, there's quite a variety of choices.

Salad for breakfast, well at least there's beer lol! Nothing wrong with any of that, just different, french fries vs. hash browns, all spuds.

Morning!
Maybe rain today. Crap. Busy day. Have to load rads and catalytic convertors, to do some cleanup. Giving to a buddy,he has a guy that pays better than the usual scrapper. Will split the booty.
Hes building a studebaker as well, had it running and driving a couple weeks ago. Drained the rad and pulled lower rad hose. Block cracked in 4 places. Hes pissed. Pushed it to the sideyard.
I have a good block, a stripped 318 i robbed for the crank and con rods. So, im giving it to him.
Payload both ways, picking up another cabinet that i have no room for.

I actually got a few from that closed gas station I picked. Guy thought I was crazy.

-
Back