Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So, they tore down the cafe across the street from the Hotel Cuu Long I have stayed in many times in my earlier years coming to Vietnam. It was only 25 bucks USD a night at the hotel. The Cafe Phuong Thuy is directly across the street and on the river of the hotel, right behind the large tree that you see they left standing. I think that tree is very old. I used to go over there everyday to sit and drink coffee and smoke a cigar. I am sad they tore it down. This is where I met my Vietnamese wife. Went over there one day, and there she was just sitting by herself all pretty. So I went over and sat down and started talking to her in my limited Vietnamese at that time. This was over 6 years ago. I understand that the bigger hotel around the corner has contracted to fill in and build what I would think would be a small island right there. I'm sure there will be a restaurant or a cafe there very soon. Still sad for me to see the old small quaint Cafe go..:(
1118170656_HDR.jpg
1103170717a_HDR.jpg
IMG-c9c428cec5a84674fa5c41358619d477-V.jpg
PXL_20240509_010735850.jpg
PXL_20240509_010729202.jpg
PXL_20240509_010757545.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

I see big Oil got another excuse to raise gas prices. Oil company crashing a fuel barge into a bridge on the Gulf of Mexico. Prices here just went down $.20/gal after they finished the remodel of the bathrooms at Exxon. :lol:

Good morning everyone. Worked on an idea for venting the hood on the Charger and got another 40ft of cage tuning ordered. I just want the chassis in paint soon, ugh

Well it was inevitable. Everybody we know wants to throw a going away party for us. So this afternoon we are here already at my banker friend's house. I'm told tomorrow there will be another one at my house. It only gives 3 days more after that before I go to the airport. Hope I can live through it all. Kkkkkkk

Morning!
Rain again.
Trying to get stuff done but im running a little short of time. I spend a lot of time looking for something i just put down :lol:

So here's a picture of what the layout looks like before they all get started. What I see so far is several bowls of some sort of intestines. Then I just saw the cook grab four or five snakes. Looks like she's going to cut them up. I sure hope they got some chicken or beef here somewhere. I ain't eatin no intestines and I ain't eatin no snake today, although I have even both in the past...
PXL_20240516_103908611.MP.jpg
PXL_20240516_103835595.MP.jpg

Gonna be 74 and sunny today.. hopefully when i go home i will feel like putting on tie-rods/centerlink and all that fun stuff.. then clean up the column..

-
Back