Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
1716372561041.png

Ouch. Lived in alot of places and each one had natural hazards but never in tornado alley!

Yeah, article I was readin said that town was basically wiped off the map. Looks it too.

I had a small one cross in front of me actually here in PA. Tell you what no escape from it really.

I had a small one cross in front of me actually here in PA. Tell you what no escape from it really.
We live about exactly 1/4 mile off a main highway here in the county. This was several years ago now, but we had one come right down the highway. I stood out the back door and saw it go by. F2 I think if I remember right. Scary close.

I was in the neon coming home from work 30 seconds faster I would have been hit. That was a ef1 also could not imagine a 5!

And i just realized why i don't like the 69 and 70.. they changed the shape of the quarter window opening and ruined the lines...

I like all of that!
Yeah, i used to cruise gratiot and everyone would ask what it is.. i would tell them it's a '67 roadrunner cause i got tired of explaining it.. and no one ever mentioned there is no such thing as a 67 roadrunner :)

Transmissions were a ******* nightmare though.. the guts aren't like any other trans i have seen

Wonder if you'd like the 70 with rear window down, maybe don't matter because line sweeps forward not backwards

Yeah, i used to cruise gratiot and everyone would ask what it is.. i would tell them it's a '67 roadrunner cause i got tired of explaining it.. and no one ever mentioned there is no such thing as a 67 roadrunner :)

Transmissions were a ******* nightmare though.. the guts aren't like any other trans i have seen

Can't imagine trying to find parts for any of it these days. Sheet metal or the 390

Can't imagine trying to find parts for any of it these days. Sheet metal or the 390
If i found a clean body i would really consider buying it.. but it would get a LS or a mopar engine/trans...

The trans i think was a FMX trans and from the valve body to the servos/trans case it would use like 1/2" aluminum tubes with o-rings on each end.... it's as reliable as you can imaging it to be.

BTW.. scramblers were tiny, 390 with a 4-speed.. open exhaust and slicks would get them into the high 12s... only 1512 made, costing just under 3k... And ZERO options offered other than AM radio.. they were kept light as possible

I know of a garage with about 8 or 9. I think mostly Javelins but don't expect him to talk to you or show them to you

-
Back