Stop in for a drink.

-
Ya gotta been drinkin to drive the truck the only way to keep it on the road and fit in the cab.
You can do the BBQ and I'll keep passing beers to Ben Drinken as he drives.

We do have trailer mounted pits in this neck of the woods. Might have to add running boards with the appropriate OSHA approved hand rails and a wind break to make them serviceable in a mobile fashion :lol:
th?id=OIP.jpg

Right on we can do that. lol
That's a little one there. I've seen plenty of dual axle rigs and some 3 axle. Many are lined with fire brick and have propane burners attached. The locals around here say you have to use red oak. The best BBQer I know here, and he makes many huge events as a caterer and is paid handsomely, throws Kingsford charcoal in the pit bag and all, lights it and then adds the oak bark at cooking time.

That's a little one there. I've seen plenty of dual axle rigs and some 3 axle. Many are lined with fire brick and have propane burners attached. The locals around here say you have to use red oak. The best BBQer I know here, and he makes many huge events as a caterer and is paid handsomely, throws Kingsford charcoal in the pit bag and all, lights it and then adds the oak bark at cooking time.
Sounds good looks like your doing the BBQ. With a dual axle rig I'd steal the neighbors cow for some good steaks.

I want to experiment with some other hard woods in the pit. I've used apple in the smoker on fish with excellent results. The San Joaquin Valley is loaded with Almond orchards that might be worth a try.
I do like Mesquite, not real fond of those damn needles that go along with it. The grape vineyards around here get dug up at 30 years old and that might be fun to try. All this BBQ talk is makin' me thirsty. Half the fun of a Santa Maria Style BBQ is the beer drinkin' and story tellin' that goes on before the meat is done :lol:

I want to experiment with some other hard woods in the pit. I've used apple in the smoker on fish with excellent results. The San Joaquin Valley is loaded with Almond orchards that might be worth a try.
I do like Mesquite, not real fond of those damn needles that go along with it. The grape vineyards around here get dug up at 30 years old and that might be fun to try. All this BBQ talk is makin' me thirsty. Half the fun of a Santa Maria Style BBQ is the beer drinkin' and story tellin' that goes on before the meat is done :lol:
Around here it's walleye fish and real good but the bull **** starts way before the fish is cooked.
And the only trees around here is a telephone pole and not a good wood for smoken.

Have a happy 4th my friends.
taking the old truck to a parade and I get to sit in the back with a cooler of beer!!!

Fred, clearly with this mob we would need to hire a driver for the truck. Wish I would have tossed some of that pie in my saddle bag! If you get to wanting those seats before your boys get back that way I would not be above meeting you 1/2 way or somewhere in between. Hope you get some paint on yours this week.

It was plum. Good stuff.
I agree, not often you post up something I have never seen but that Bosnian Brandy looked yummy. And I have never seen or tasted it. A lot of the things you guys taste I have seen but never tasted, much of it is pricey for an unknown. That is why I think your tasting club is such a cool idea.

Fred, clearly with this mob we would need to hire a driver for the truck. Wish I would have tossed some of that pie in my saddle bag! If you get to wanting those seats before your boys get back that way I would not be above meeting you 1/2 way or somewhere in between. Hope you get some paint on yours this week.
Still have a pile of leftovers John ya shoulda taken some with ya.
I should bring the old truck down there and get one of the boys to drive us around so we can drink and BBQ in the back. Maybe a car show or the drags would be nice.
Your a good friend and thanks again for the seats I'll try and figure out how to get them this week and next I will be painting the car and I think an air plane also.

20190704_113706.jpg
Parade was fun but ended up driving so if you guys go with me next you get to drive and I get to drink. lol

Gunners Ghost , Navy strength Gin and Tonic for the backyard fish and brats. Beautiful night. Cheers

F705B81F-1E18-44A2-8F7F-0CBF8073323B.jpeg

If I am drinking gin it is with lemonade! Disclaimer: that is my favorite summer drink!
I used to drink gin and tonics a lot. I switched to Tito's and tonic. Tito's and raspberry lemonade is a summertime favorite.

-
Back