Stop in for a drink.

-
Saw a bunch of other old car/hot rod cruisers out today too. Was a perfect day for it! All of us gave each other a nod or a wave as we enjoyed the day.

I had a PA State trooper do a u-turn and follow me for a short while. I thought at first he was curious about the lack of Inspection Sicker (vintage registration doesn’t require one). But after seeing the smile on his face, it was clear he just wanted to take a closer look. He gave me a big thumbs up as he passed me. :)
I would have pulled you over and ask for a ride.

Cold beer and a warm car in the garage makes for a pleasant evening. :)

150 miles round trip to visit Keith, just under 4 hours of driving and 12.9 mpg average. Plus a great couple of hours amongst other Mopar friends just chatting and comparing details of our rides.

Was a great time and a perfect day for driving through the rolling hills of PA in the cool Fall sunshine.

57C67D29-CA37-498F-B5F6-93136E8A3813.jpeg

Having some cold beers and admiring my new 1969 NOS drivers door arm rest pad. Took me nearly 4 years to find one and it wasn’t cheap...but well worth the $100 price as far as I am concerned. Now the drivers door arm rest matches the condition of the other 3 on the car.

9FE5B081-CBDA-48A8-BBEC-B223CC4A2D0A.jpeg

5697EBE1-CAD3-4163-915E-743171C2F6E9.jpeg

Quick trip this week to Texas to help my folks. Rental truck is nice,Ram 4x4. when in Rome...78deg tailgate siting with Shiner and some sipping Knob Creek

5C42B803-461B-41E7-A79F-7812BF80B5C8.jpeg

... just sayin! Actually I just needed to get the photo off my phone and onto my laptop for another site. Thanks FABO.

20191105_152531.jpg

Last edited:
Had an old manager from the 90’s drop 12 of these off at my office today! Was my staple brand from early 80’s to 2K+. Did not realize they re-opened a brewery in Detroit. He tells me they only sell it in these bottles or on tap in Michigan only! Switched to Coors light around 2010. I look forward to a few tomorrow! Nice Gesture it was!

A0988B28-97E2-4CD5-8957-5F94274E62AE.jpeg

Last edited:
Had an old manger from the 90’s drop 12 of these off at my office today! Was my staple brand from early 80’s to 2K+. Did not realize they re-opened a brewery in Detroit. He tells me they only sell it in these bottles or on tap in Michigan only! Switched to Coors light around 2010. I look forward to a few tomorrow! Nice Gesture it was!

View attachment 1715419153
Wonder if it tastes like the old "fire brewed" days.

When my Dad turned me on to Strohs around 81 it was great and for many years a 15 pack was $7 to 7.5 a pack. It liked me and I liked it! Was good on a budget!

Last edited:
I was wondering about this one the other day
th?id=OIP.jpg

My father's favorite when I was pre-beer age (14) :rolleyes:
The website says Pabst Brewing Company Irwindale, Ca.
Unless they have built another brewery in Irwindale, the only one I know of is sitting on top of Irwindale Raceway, and that was Miller Brewing when built.
I went on a tour of Olympia's brewery in the early 70s.
They were always so proud of their Artesian well water in their commercials.
Look out the window at the brewery, the Artesian well is full of ducks :eek:.
So that's where it gets it's flavor :lol:.
th?id=OIP.jpg

Must be good if Parnelli Jones and Bill Stroppe have their names on it.

I was wondering about this one the other day
View attachment 1715419183
My father's favorite when I was pre-beer age (14) :rolleyes:
The website says Pabst Brewing Company Irwindale, Ca.
Unless they have built another brewery in Irwindale, the only one I know of is sitting on top of Irwindale Raceway, and that was Miller Brewing when built.
I went on a tour of Olympia's brewery in the early 70s.
They were always so proud of their Artesian well water in their commercials.
Look out the window at the brewery, the Artesian well is full of ducks :eek:.
So that's where it gets it's flavor :lol:.

View attachment 1715419184
Must be good if Parnelli Jones and Bill Stroppe have their names on it.

Miller/ Miller-Coors brewed Strohs for a few years. No telling.

I never had an Alex that would bring me my Strohs though, and for that I am sad!

Mentioning PBR is a whole nother issue though. My Dad’s favorite and tall boys only! He has at least 4 a day at 82 years young!

Last edited:
Miller/ Miller-Coors brewed Strohs for a few years. No telling.

I never had an Alex that would bring me my Strohs though, and for that I am sad!

Mentioning PBR is a whole nother issue though. My Dad’s favorite and tall boys only! He has at least 4 a day at 82!

That sounded kinda bad but not. He also rides a bicycle 10 or more miles a day and like rust he never slows down and is always active doing something until 3pm. Cutoff time and back porch Florida. You can also enjoy 4 tall boys a day when you stay that way.

Last edited:
Heck a few weeks ago Dad and His Riding partner got attacked while doing the 20 mile round trip for breakfast on their bicycles. 3 Pit bulls, they are very aware of attacked them and he could not get the wasp spray out quick enough to fend them back. 35 stitches and lots of bruises later he is back in the saddle this week. Maybe we should all drink PBR!

Last edited:
Heck 2 weeks ago Dad and His Riding partner got attacked while doing the 20 mile round trip for breakfast on their bicycles. 3 Pit bulls, they are very aware of attacked them and he could not get the wasp spray out quick enough to fend them back. 35 stitches and lots of bruises later he is back in the saddle this week. Maybe we should all drink PBR!

Good time to start carrying .38 caliber wasp spray.

Good time to start carrying .38 caliber wasp spray.

Stupid thing is, He has a Carry permit but his .38 revolver is worthless IMO. Old school PBR mentality.

He needs a nice compact semi-Auto and the three pit bulls would be done and no longer a general public threat! At least he could enjoy those stitches! He will not do it though and wasp spray is he his way!

He and his riding partner Joe that is 80 had just come off an 82 mile ride for his birthday on Oct. 1st. Before the attack. I just hope he can ride 83 miles next year on that day! PBR will get him there, that I know!

Finally pinned the CFO down on getting paid. Last night I called him on his cell phone about a dozen times, every 15 mins until he finally answered.

The short version was “Where’s my money?” And “if I don’t have it by the end of the day Friday, game over...I walk.”

He pinged me 3 times today asking if it had been deposited into my account. Not yet it hasn’t, and Friday is coming. You better get it straight because there won’t be a second chance.

He pinged me again just a few mins ago. Answer is still the same...it’s not in my account. I guess you need to figure it out.

2 minutes later, I get a call from the Australia office asking to verify my bank info so they can get it paid immediately. We will see if they do...they owe me a helluva a lot of money.

Beer time now.

Update, just a few mins ago from the CFO...

“If it’s not in your account first thing in morning call me so I can catch the AU Office before their day is over. Apologies. We sent it to them to urgent pay and it didn’t happen, but I let them know this can’t happen again.”

Yeah...OK. We will see tomorrow morning.

Time for another beer.

I have wanted to do a few adjustment on the GTS before the season is over on front height and power steering power...But after long thought about it, and only a few cruising days left in the season, I think I will leave them as Winter projects.

She’s running so nicely now that I don’t think I want to muck with things.

I think I will just enjoy whatever cruising days I can get before Winter and do the other stuff before Spring.

It’s been a great Fall season, no reason to screw it up now with testing and tuning...just enjoy the ride. :)

I have wanted to do a few adjustment on the GTS before the season is over on front height and power steering power...But after long thought about it, and only a few cruising days left in the season, I think I will leave them as Winter projects.

She’s running so nicely now that I don’t think I want to muck with things.

I think I will just enjoy whatever cruising days I can get before Winter and do the other stuff before Spring.

It’s been a great Fall season, no reason to screw it up now with testing and tuning...just enjoy the ride. :)

If it ain't broke ... Don't fix it ... For the time being anyhow :thumbsup:

-
Back