Stop in for a drink.

-
I never really drank many stouts. They hare fairly heavy and a little bitter. I am starting to like them. The oatmeal gives it a creamy smoothness and mouth feel. I should have tested this. I bet it is 7% or so.
Same here I like a blonde or light beer but Might change my taste buds.

I thought you did just test it.

Stand up fast and shake your head side to side 3 times quickly. If you wobble but don’t fall over, it is 6-7%. If you have to grab something to keep falling over, it is 7-9%.

If you hit the floor, it is over 9%.

:lol:
LOL that works will give it a try.
Check in the mail by the way.

So shouldn’t it always end up near the same for the same recipe?
Yep. I have tested a few batches and it comes out pretty close. You can jack the numbers with some extra LME but it usually alters the flavor a bit. LME has corn sugar in it that the yeast turns to alcohol. A stout you don't want sweet though. The chocolate malt had orange zest infused vodka in it. It increased the ABV a little there.

Cool, thanks. Will get your stuff ordered this weekend so you can get it by next weekend.
Hey Dave, speaking of labels, do you have any recommendations for peel off labels? I have poked around at Staples but didn't come up with much.

Hey Dave, speaking of labels, do you have any recommendations for peel off labels? I have poked around at Staples but didn't come up with much.
Peel off labels are kind of a unique breed. While they are designed to peel off easily, they don’t stick well with temp changes and condensation like happens with beer bottles that have been chilled. Static cling labels do better at that, but are always easily peeled under any condition.

You won’t find any good ones at general office supply stores.

PM me exactly what you are looking for and I will see what I can come up with.

Peel off labels are kind of a unique breed. While they are designed to peel off easily, they don’t stick well with temp changes and condensation like happens with beer bottles that have been chilled. Static cling labels do better at that, but are always easily peeled under any condition.

You won’t find any good ones at general office supply stores.

PM me exactly what you are looking for and I will see what I can come up with.
WD 40 works pretty well to take the adhesive off but I don't like the smell. Any other solvents work?

Laser labels work ok with ink jet printers?
In general, laser labels will always work on an inkjet. The opposite isn’t always true. Laser printing generates a lot of heat to bond the ink and often wrecks the adhesive on labels made for inkjets only.

Inkjet printing is a cold process and Laser labels have no problem with the cooler printing unless they are a Polymer type label that needs the ink to melt into the substrate to bond.

In general, laser labels will always work on an inkjet. The opposite isn’t always true. Laser printing generates a lot of heat to bond the ink and often wrecks the adhesive on labels made for inkjets only.

Inkjet printing is a cold process and Laser labels have no problem with the cooler printing unless they are a Polymer type label that needs the ink to melt into the substrate to bond.
Ah, makes sense. I probably looked past those because of the laser.

Having a couple of these...:thumbsup:
Dunkel-175x703.png

Cruzan Rum and Coke. Been a week so what the heck!

Having a few cold beers after a great day of cruising the GTS for an hour and a half. She ran very well...and even better after I got 12 gals of new fuel in the tank (old stuff was close to 2 years old).

Headed up in the morning with Matt @Mattax to visit Keith @zkx14 about 70 miles away. Should be a great time with temps around 50* and sunny all day. Perfect cruising weather!

Based on my records, the GTS has averaged around 12-14 mpg since I got her. It will interesting to see what I get tomorrow on this 140+ round trip now that I have her running so well.

Anything over 12 mpg for this kind of mixed driving and I’m a happy camper with a 400 hp 360 Magnum engine and 3.91 rear gears. :)

Having a few cold beers after a great day of cruising the GTS for an hour and a half. She ran very well...and even better after I got 12 gals of new fuel in the tank (old stuff was close to 2 years old).

Headed up in the morning with Matt @Mattax to visit Keith @zkx14 about 70 miles away. Should be a great time with temps around 50* and sunny all day. Perfect cruising weather!

Based on my records, the GTS has averaged around 12-14 mpg since I got her. It will interesting to see what I get tomorrow on this 140+ round trip now that I have her running so well.

Anything over 12 mpg for this kind of mixed driving and I’m a happy camper with a 400 hp 360 Magnum engine and 3.91 rear gears. :)
Sounds like a good time even if only 5 miles to the gallon I'd still have a smile on my face driving your car.

Saw a bunch of other old car/hot rod cruisers out today too. Was a perfect day for it! All of us gave each other a nod or a wave as we enjoyed the day.

I had a PA State trooper do a u-turn and follow me for a short while. I thought at first he was curious about the lack of Inspection Sicker (vintage registration doesn’t require one). But after seeing the smile on his face, it was clear he just wanted to take a closer look. He gave me a big thumbs up as he passed me. :)

-
Back