Stop in for a drink.

-
I will be buying another!

20221113_192903.jpg

Today I sat on the bridge and threw rocks in the creek with one of our grandsons, we also swept and cleaned the big house from construction debris. It just don’t get any better than that! Slowing down now and thinking about a nice toddi. But I fear a hot green tea may win out. I got chilled this evening.
Nothing better than grand kids and I do a hot chocolate with them.

Most of the holiday cocktail ingredients now stocked...

Aside from Neat I can get about 12 to 15 different cocktails together from this. Couple of garnishes left to get at the grocery

20221123_174310.jpg

I am fixing to be buried in kin folk this week. Many enjoy an occasional toddy or three. I know Jack diddly about mixing drinks. The extent of my knowledge is, “would you like one cube or two with that”. I likely need to fetch a bartenders cheat book.

I am fixing to be buried in kin folk this week. Many enjoy an occasional toddy or three. I know Jack diddly about mixing drinks. The extent of my knowledge is, “would you like one cube or two with that”. I likely need to fetch a bartenders cheat book.
I'm with you John. All I ever drank was soda and spirits. Nothing fancy. I did make Mint Julep's for the Kentucky Derby once. (once)

It was like making cookies or something with the damn recipe. A lot of work just for a drink.

See John.. you need to hire me to bartend events down there on the compound :rolleyes:

I'm with you John. All I ever drank was soda and spirits. Nothing fancy. I did make Mint Julep's for the Kentucky Derby once. (once)

It was like making cookies or something with the damn recipe. A lot of work just for a drink.

I've tried those... and I feel like if it weren't for the Kentucky Derby they would have gone away as a bad idea

I'm lookin for something to drink neat but without the traditional bourbon aftertaste like Jack Daniels and so many. Any recommendations? Fireball is ok but gets old. I've tried a few brandys and they're ok, but just not feelin it yet. Drank original Southern Comfort for years but it kinda fell outta favor too.

I'm lookin for something to drink neat but without the traditional bourbon aftertaste like Jack Daniels and so many. Any recommendations? Fireball is ok but gets old. I've tried a few brandys and they're ok, but just not feelin it yet. Drank original Southern Comfort for years but it kinda fell outta favor too.

Wild Turkey American Honey is sweet but nice every now and again neat or with a single cube.

I also will go with a dark, spiced rum

That's a tough call. I'm a bourbon/whisky guy. I gave up Fireball and Revel Stoke pecan a long time ago. You might want to try a Irish whisky. The flavor profile is different than bourbons, sweeter and smoother. Less oaky.

That's a tough call. I'm a bourbon/whisky guy. I gave up Fireball and Revel Stoke pecan a long time ago. You might want to try a Irish whisky. The flavor profile is different than bourbons, sweeter and smoother. Less oaky.
I know why I don't like traditional bourbon. I stayed drunk in school. I mean like everyday. I've puked more than my share of bourbon out of my nose and the taste makes me lock up. LOL So I need something different.

Have you ever tried a good non peaty type scotch? Also there are some very good bourbons that do not taste like bourbon if that makes any sense.

Have you ever tried a good non peaty type scotch? Also there are some very good bourbons that do not taste like bourbon if that makes any sense.
I've tried several scotches. What's peaty? lol

I know why I don't like traditional bourbon. I stayed drunk in school. I mean like everyday. I've puked more than my share of bourbon out of my nose and the taste makes me lock up. LOL So I need something different.
You might try some good sipping tequila as well? The Ryes are just to hot for me but if you like spice that might be an option. Although I love raw jalapeno and eat Thai at full strength, so not sure why I do not like them?

-
Back