Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My local car club has actually steered away from black screen printed shirts. And orange ones. For some reason, despite the 4 different vendors, those two colors always peel very quickly. The white, greys and yellows, last for nearly forever. Not sure why that is.
These are ink printed shirts and won’t ever peel. The biggest question I have is the sharpness and vibrancy of the image. The customer images I have seen look good, but I need to see them for myself to be sure.

We generally don’t get tornadoes here and on the rare occasion that we do, it’s not bigger than an F1. I can only count 4 that have happened in this area in the past 50 years.
That’s good.

Well, tonight was a milestone in my 14 year old daughters life...her first date.

Very tame, it was a double date of sorts with her best friend and the boy who asked her out and his best friend. They went to the bowling alley for 2 hours, bowled, played arcade games and ate pizza. My wife was their chaperone.

Just a toe in the waters of the future. I think it was a good experience for her. :)

Yep, I had enough tornadoes to last me a lifetime in both Cincinnati and Memphis. I never want to be near one again.
Been thru a ton myself. We live right on the eastern edge of Tornado Alley. We’re not as common as Kansas or Oklahoma by any stretch, but we usually get a couple each year. I will say this, yesterday’s storm has me re-thinking the pole barn. A brand new one was taken out in just 60 mph winds. May look deeper at the steel gussetted barns that cost about 3 grand more.

Well, tonight was a milestone in my 14 year old daughters life...her first date.

Very tame, it was a double date with her best friend and the boy who asked her out and his best friend. They went to the bowling alley for 2 hours, bowled, played arcade games and ate pizza. My wife was their chaperone.

Just a toe in the waters of the future. I think it was a good experience for her. :)
You’re handling that well it appears. Me, I’d be a complete nervous wreck, regardless of chaperone... just the idea of my little girl dating at all is scary enough. Yes I realize it’s inevitable and part of life but still

Been thru a ton myself. We live right on the eastern edge of Tornado Alley. We’re not as common as Kansas or Oklahoma by any stretch, but we usually get a couple each year. I will say this, yesterday’s storm has me re-thinking the pole barn. A brand new one was taken out in just 60 mph winds. May look deeper at the steel gussetted barns that cost about 3 grand more.
Yeah, structure beefiness should be considered. I once dodged 38 tornadoes in 36 hours in Memphis including one that picked my car up several feet off the road before slamming me back down. I never want to live through that again.

I selected the house I lived in there based on the terrain and the likelihood of a tornado running over it. With that wild breakout of tornadoes, my selection proved correct. All of the tornadoes went north or south of my house by several miles, all following the same general paths.

You’re handling that well it appears. Me, I’d be a complete nervous wreck, regardless of chaperone... just the idea of my little girl dating at all is scary enough. Yes I realize it’s inevitable and part of life but still
Nah, I raised her right and trust her judgement. She’s a smart girl and knows what is right.

ugh, slight problem. I'm trying to get plates on the Polara. Indiana just changed their laws/policies, I now have to show proof of the original MSRP from the year the car was sold in order to calculate excise tax. Dumb because its over 10 years old and will be 12 bucks regardless but BMV says they wont plate it unless I show proof now... wtf

yeah, I tried that. Lady says has to be original dealer document... on all vehicles prior to 1981... I even called the state office to verify this new
BS

How can they do that when many of the dealers from back then have closed and are no longer around???? :wtf: :mob: :mad:

I had the scope done. Very interesting to say the least. The Dr. was good to tell us right away what needs to be done. My heart valve needs repairs. They require open heart surgery here but can probably do it minimally invasive at Mayo in Rochester. Good that it's only a couple hour drive north of here. He will schedule a consultation with them in the next few weeks. I hope to get this fixed and be back on my feet by car show season.

I hope it all goes well and you can be back in the show circuit soon...

(You need a valve job.... )

It's been a busy week...

Worked 47.1 hours in 4 days...

Then today was supposed to pick up a fender for my car that I got in an accident with... The yard checked it out before I drove the 2 hours to get it and it was not good...

Then went to a local one in the city and theirs was no good either...

Called another yard in Urbana that was supposed to call me back after checking it out and they didn't call back...

Then another yard in Ohio was going to check and get back to me on Monday...

My brother looked up and I can get an aftermarket new one for $85, but then would have to paint it, but that may be the best option at this time as I won't have time to get the one in Ohio till next Friday if it's good... It will cost almost that much in gas as the new aftermarket one....

The insurance company has still not given me a settlement... I've been calling them for two weeks now to get this moving as my rental car coverage is over and it's now out of my pocket... :mad: :mob:

I called my agent to renew my policy and told him that I don't want to stay with this company and he's trying to talk me into staying with them... He claims that he knows someone there that he can call that can help get this moving... It's been two days and still no contact from the insurance company on a payout... I've already bought most of the parts needed to fix it out of my pocket and need to get reimbursed... :wtf:

If they do not settle this by next week and extend my rental car, then I will not stay with them... :icon_fU:

Well folk's , it's a new day, let's all call @krazykuda ins co and ask why he has not been taken care of yet, and say I may need to get new ins then hang up on them

Morning mike.
Its a balmy zero farenheit here this morning, hoping this is the last day of this low temperature.

Decided to not bring in the Barracuda.

My old departed friend Mort used to say
You are insured for everything but what happens to ya.

A very wise man. Worked hard for every dollar.

My insurance got me a little more money than the other guy's offered. But were not able to give me what I really wanted. Which was to fix the Magnum without a salvage title. They did give me a payout fairly quick once I agreed to let the car go. ins cos are still fighting over the amount cause I did not get my deductible back. Could be a long time, if at all.:BangHead:

-
Back