Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have to itemize a crapload of stuff around here and add it to the homeowners. Just a PIA a pic of each item and a declared value.

My tractor has it's own Erie Policy. I broke an axle abusing it about 2 years ago and they paid $1100 to fix it It is Erie implement policy for $85 a year

What I always do on the drivers is 100/100K, and comprehensive and for a extra $2 towing and trip interruption. Hell they paid out for the tow and part of the tire on the blowout I had last month In five days. I use Donegal on all the drivers and the house. Hell the tractor is covered under the house for theft with all the implements.
Sounds like great coverage.

Only a few bucks more and I am pretty much covered. I learned a long time ago if you cheap out you feel like you got ripped off.
Comprehensive is a must around here with all the deer running around.

From the cable shifter?
Yes. Shifter in car is dual type,
And i am putting in a later style 904.
If i want to stick with cable shift i need to put a lighter spring in the vb detent. Then i need to find a proper cable.

Got a quote for the truck think it was 145, and the firebird was about the same but since it is registered in her name and she does not have another car they wont insure it because the consider it a daily driver!

Yes. Shifter in car is dual type,
And i am putting in a later style 904.
If i want to stick with cable shift i need to put a lighter spring in the vb detent. Then i need to find a proper cable.
You can probably get one made up at a farm equipment supplier. The make push/pull cables usually.

Only a few bucks more and I am pretty much covered. I learned a long time ago if you cheap out you feel like you got ripped off.
Comprehensive is a must around here with all the deer running around.
Suppose I should ask again when renewal comes up.
It was 3 or 400 more to put collision/comp on my old stuff that had book values of IDK but something around 3-4000 at best, probably more like 1500 to 2000.
So I was better off banking it - kindof my own version of self insured, and if not needed in 3 or 4 years I'd be ahead. No regrets. But that was over 10 years ago.

Type it out in a letter and cc at the bottom to a lawyer (esq) if you know any. Even if not, a written letter doesn't (unless you write something stupid which I'm sure you wont).

Joe who fixed and painted my Barracuda did a lot of bread and butter colision work, and also some select salvage title repairs. He told me all repair panels need some tweaking, the factory ones less, the aftermarket more. So its labor costs vs parts cost. Since they should cover the parts costs, I'd go for an original and save on the time if you can.

Let's say it's a sub standard insurance company... They only pay $28 per hour for labor when standard rate is $52...

My brother is an insurance adjuster also... He's been helping me find the parts in the same color so we can save money not having to have the repair panels painted since they do not pay much for labor... This way we can get the car finished within the budget that they are giving me...

But we can buy an aftermarket fender and paint if for what I can buy one out of a salvage yard... Since now the ones are either in Urbana ( 1 1/2 hours away) or Ohio (about 4 hours away)....

You can probably get one made up at a farm equipment supplier. The make push/pull cables usually.
Pto cables. My guy can get me whatever i want. Wasnt thinking when i had trans apart to find a lighter spring.

Let's say it's a sub standard insurance company... They only pay $28 per hour for labor when standard rate is $52...

My brother is an insurance adjuster also... He's been helping me find the parts in the same color so we can save money not having to have the repair panels painted since they do not pay much for labor... This way we can get the car finished within the budget that they are giving me...

But we can buy an aftermarket fender and paint if for what I can buy one out of a salvage yard... Since now the ones are either in Urbana ( 1 1/2 hours away) or Ohio (about 4 hours away)....
Makes sense. BTW the missing words were to the effect of a written letter never hurts and helps make a record.

I could use some implements....

Oh wait, I mean implants.... :D

Here you go!
hoppy land II.jpg

Got the Duster up and running this week. Took to work yesterday without any issues. Seems to be running well. :thumbsup:
Think I’ll try and put some miles on her today. Gotta use up the fuel so I can drop the tank to replace filler neck seal.

-
Back