Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The insurance company has still not given me a settlement... I've been calling them for two weeks now to get this moving as my rental car coverage is over and it's now out of my pocket... :mad: :mob:

I called my agent to renew my policy and told him that I don't want to stay with this company and he's trying to talk me into staying with them... He claims that he knows someone there that he can call that can help get this moving... It's been two days and still no contact from the insurance company on a payout... I've already bought most of the parts needed to fix it out of my pocket and need to get reimbursed... :wtf:

If they do not settle this by next week and extend my rental car, then I will not stay with them... :icon_fU:
Type it out in a letter and cc at the bottom to a lawyer (esq) if you know any. Even if not, a written letter still doesn't hurt and helps make a record which can be useful (unless you write something stupid which I'm sure you wont).

My brother looked up and I can get an aftermarket new one for $85, but then would have to paint it, but that may be the best option at this time as I won't have time to get the one in Ohio till next Friday if it's good... It will cost almost that much in gas as the new aftermarket one....
Joe who fixed and painted my Barracuda did a lot of bread and butter colision work, and also some select salvage title repairs. He told me all repair panels need some tweaking, the factory ones less, the aftermarket more. So its labor costs vs parts cost. Since they should cover the parts costs, I'd go for an original and save on the time if you can.

Last edited:
The trick to insurance is over insure by 20% I have had four claims in the last five years and was happy with the results. Tell you what I am so glad I had my own disability insurance without it I would have lost my house.

My insurance got me a little more money than the other guy's offered. But were not able to give me what I really wanted. Which was to fix the Magnum without a salvage title. They did give me a payout fairly quick once I agreed to let the car go. ins cos are still fighting over the amount cause I did not get my deductible back. Could be a long time, if at all.:BangHead:
Might see what Erie has to offer you. They were pretty good after the house fire here. HO1 policy. Can't say how they'd be with the cars - and hope I never have to find out. For Cinamon they might suggest a collectors insurance with one of the speciality companies. They don't do that, or they didn't when I last asked.

Grundy was great when I had the fire. Especially since I only had it two months and then the fire happened. Just renewed it 135 a year for 15K of coverage.

Whats that run? I put classic on mine no real restrictions other than less than 10K miles a year. Want to put it on the truck also which I just put classic plates on last year.

I have been with Erie for years. I have been quite happy. The only time I felt they did not help me was when I was rear ended by another company like Keith. And I lost my A$$ and Erie wouldn't help but then I did not have full coverage.

Wondering what im going to do with my shifter in the Barracuda,floor shift and now has a newer transmission going in.
There was a kit to convert transmission, been trying to figure out what i need.
From my research the kit from imperial is no longer made.

Whats that run? I put classic on mine no real restrictions other than less than 10K miles a year. Want to put it on the truck also which I just put classic plates on last year.
is there a difference? I'd have to check the details. I think $10k coverage, $170/yr, 5k miles allowed...I have the Antique historic plate

I have been with Erie for years. I have been quite happy. The only time I felt they did not help me was when I was rear ended by another company like Keith. And I lost my A$$ and Erie wouldn't help but then I did not have full coverage.
That was exactly the situation with Barracuda, but I wasn't with Erie at that time. No collision, they said, thanks for letting us know, but we'll stay out of it unless a claim is made against us. The other company sent an adjuster who looked at it in my garage, and let me bring back to Joe who had done the body work a couple years earlier. The only issue was at the end when I paid Joe for the difference between fixing and replacing the rear valence. They had agreed because neither he nor they could find one over two months of looking. When they didn't reimburse in a timely manner, I sent the letter and like magic, a check appeared within a week.

is there a difference? I'd have to check the details. I think $10k coverage, $170/yr, 5k miles allowed...I have the Antique historic plate
I think all the specialty insurance is collectors. Plate should not matter.

Still in the trunk. Was dizzy as hell after I got home at 2! She had me running around all over the place!

The 73 Valiant was valued at and insured at $8500. Determined by pictures. Full coverage was $105 a year

What I always do on the drivers is 100/100K, and comprehensive and for a extra $2 towing and trip interruption. Hell they paid out for the tow and part of the tire on the blowout I had last month In five days. I use Donegal on all the drivers and the house. Hell the tractor is covered under the house for theft with all the implements.

Morning all... finally checking in.
Finally got a decent nights sleep.

catchya later. May get to the garage later and install the pulley and new stator on the alternator. Need to see what's up with the Jeep's hub, I think its universal joint, but not sure. Need to check the book to see if I'm going to need a slide hammer and if so what size puller.

-
Back